Clovis, CA - Friday, June 21, 2019

Even more scary... Colts!!! WHOA!! I saw their preview show last night and DANG!!!! They are SERIOUS! An extremely fresh departure from their normal “meh” kind of production. Infinitely better than last year. Design is definitely a major step up! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ellaparka said:

Even more scary... Colts!!! WHOA!! I saw their preview show last night and DANG!!!! They are SERIOUS! An extremely fresh departure from their normal “meh” kind of production. Infinitely better than last year. Design is definitely a major step up! 

Are they in Middleton tonight?

7 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

First time seeing vanguard this year. While obvious the talent level is amazing I didn’t care for the music or show design as much as I did Babylon. Maybe it’ll grow on me, but I just didn’t feel it.

Why yes! Many people, ourselves included felt the same about their production. Didn’t have the energy like Babylon. Maybe because it’s a lot of the same but different set. Devils do have a program that we all agreed has a lot more growth potential then SCV. Cavaliers are going to make some corps sweat, at least they made me sweat watching that guard work. Oh my!

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Are they in Middleton tonight?

No, they are in Madison Wisconsin tonight with Crown, Scouts, Blue Stars, and Crossmen. Interestingly enough, Colts haven’t put their closer on the field yet! Should make for some great stuff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ellaparka said:

Good to hear. I liked last year’s show so good to know they are building on that.

Well it's too bad Vanguard didn't have their closer in, but I really liked this show after first viewing. I think they have a better guard book than last year, so that makes me happy. They are going to be tough for anyone to beat.

• Like 2

BD's show is still skeletons in its current state. With that being said, I think this season is SCV's to lose and the only corps with a chance to catch them is BD 

The fact that SCV was able to do so well without a proper closer on the field says a bit 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

BD's show is still skeletons in its current state. With that being said, I think this season is SCV's to lose and the only corps with a chance to catch them is BD 

The fact that SCV was able to do so well without a proper closer on the field says a bit 

Yeah. You can just tell a championship design when you see it. Vanguard absolutely has it, and when you have the technical prowess to back it up. it's all there. They have a shot to win every single caption. When you have that and the design you're almost unstoppable. 

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Nothing against BD or SCV or you 🙂  it is super early and you’re talking about one show and one judging  panels opinion .  

Re- visit in mid July 😎

• Like 1