New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

33 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

that says offers, not cut as was mentioned earlier. 

You seem to think "cut" is different from "within seven days of being released".  

The "claim" was that "within seven days of being released" he received 3 offers.  Now, I don't know if that were true, but that was the claim, and it was clear "in the letter".  (my quote was right from the letter and I cited chapter and verse.

12 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Don't know if this matters, but both the police report and the CPS report (which were (1) attached to the mother's letter that was mass emailed to many Cadets parents and volunteers and then posted online (by one of the recipients, presumably) via Reddit; and (2) also seen by the TV news team in the link in this thread's first post -- again presumably they got the material from one of the emailed recipients) have all minors' names redacted.

The names are but 

A. The story line and possibly first name of the alleged victim in addition to his current corps and instrument are mentioned. The report still also contains his age and race. Now the victim is obviously close to the person who released the information and may or may not have given consent for the email to be sent...but probably not for it to be posted on Reddit.

B. The alleged perpetrator also has identifying information of age, race, name of town of residence and ZIP CODE. Given that this person is A. Likely in highschool and marched in the Cadets B. Is of a minority race in a predominantly white community.... ANYBODY in that area can easily figure out who this kid is.

That's like revealing my profession, gender, age, county that I work, and the fact that I am left handed. Guess what? It's only me!

• Like 1

I’m reading more posts than I would like to that are overtly or subtly attacking the mother, for sending the email as she did, or by nitpicking the timeline, etc. Remember this - She didn’t ask for her son to be molested. She is a victim here just as her son is. None of us who have not been in her position know how we would react.

This victim blaming or victim questioning feels a lot like the reactions to GH issues of the past:  circling the wagons to protect the brand. Please stop it. Better to say nothing than to sling dirt around and make it worse. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

On second thought I don’t think Doc Phil is up to this one. Never mind! 

On third thought - maybe they should bring it up on George Hopkins' FB page - he has tons of advice and ideas for 2019 drum corps. 

WTH is THAT about!!

Hopkins - shut up. That would be MY ADVICE.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

On third thought - maybe they should bring it up on George Hopkins' FB page - he has tons of advice and ideas for 2019 drum corps. 

WTH is THAT about!!

Hopkins - shut up. That would be MY ADVICE.

As long as GH has followers he will be voicing his opinions. 

Best way to quiet him is to stop following him. (Not saying you follow him or don't, but honestly I had no idea GH was still talking on FB)

16 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

All parties should go on the Doc Phil show and get this whole thing worked out. 

Nah Steve Harvey with his “are you nuts” look. 

As for the pieces of information here and there about the member just sounds like something right from information security training. The part of training that ends with “YOU DON’T DO THIS”.