How do the Cadets right the ship?

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

No value to a poorly designed show. It’s not the MM’s fault now is it? 

Absolutely not!  Those kids and adults preforming are doing a wonderful job with what they've been given. You can tell they're talent laden!

Quality members for sure!

Edited by jjeffeory
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Poppycock said:

Hopefully the talent remains 

Right! I can't fathom a world where the Cadets aren't doing well.

• Like 2

Here's the thing....

I have opinions on certain staff, et cetera, but I've already given some previously. I'm not going to comment on specifics of what I think are design problems. I'm not going to call anyone out. They have issues that need to be addressed, and they'll find the designers to address the areas, or they will stay where they are now competitively.  I don't think the organization wants to be there, much like the Cavaliers didn't want to be in that part of finals.

These things will happen in the off season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Right! I can't fathom a world where the Cadets aren't doing well.

The organization itself seems to be focused on the correct things - cutting cost and increasing revenue to build a strong future, really investing time and talent into USB band circuit and working to restore relations with the alumni and donors, really tightening up the volunteer depth 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

Here's the thing....

I have opinions on certain staff, et cetera, but I've already given some previously. I'm not going to comment on specifics of what I think are design problems. I'm not going to call anyone out. They have issues that need to be addressed, and they'll find the designers to address the areas, or they will stay where they are now competitively.  I don't think the organization wants to be there, much like the Cavaliers didn't want to be in that part of finals.

These things will happen in the off season.

I think that’s correct and very well stated 

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The organization itself seems to be focused on the correct things - cutting cost and increasing revenue to build a strong future, really investing time and talent into USB band circuit and working to restore relations with the alumni and donors, really tightening up the volunteer depth 

I always felt they should ditch the parent name YEA and make it The Cadets Performing Arts Group or something like that. YEA was GH vision of a group of corps in one organization and the Cadets name seemed to take a back seat. It’s hard to believe that Crossmen and Crown was under YEA. That’s my 2 cents. 

46 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

When are changes going in?

since spring training

• Haha 1