What will corps do at the shows?

11 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I think they eliminated the option of working windows as well as drainage due to the cost.

Per Wikipedia snippet:

The stadium features a retractable roof and a large retractable window on one end, thus allowing the Colts and the Eleven to play both indoors and outdoors.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Per Wikipedia snippet:

The stadium features a retractable roof and a large retractable window on one end, thus allowing the Colts and the Eleven to play both indoors and outdoors.

Technically the modern day equivalent of the T-top.  Roof comes off, side windows go down. 

1976Pontiac-Firebird-Trans-Am-51913-e159

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Have known a nurse fired for (repeatedly) blabbing info and (my favorite) seen a parent told they can’t hear medical info about an adult child.

The nurse would have been fired because they are a nurse sharing medical information.  I’m guessing the second case is also a doctor/medical practice not sharing info with the parent because the adult child had not approved?  Those would apply.  But if I called into work today because I had some embarrassing GI issue, there would be no HIPAA protection from them telling all my coworkers.  I’m not sure if HIPAA applies to an occupational nurse at a non medical facility.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

The nurse would have been fired because they are a nurse sharing medical information.  I’m guessing the second case is also a doctor/medical practice not sharing info with the parent because the adult child had not approved?  Those would apply.  

Correct to both. Irony is the nurse shared my wife’s info with my wife’s sister (they knew each other). That night the sister called my wife wanting to know why wifey was at the doctors. Wife was -> 🤬. Next visit my wife went to complain only to be told “uhh she no longer works here”. Found out from another source she was told not to blab and did not take that well.

Ex nurse told sis in law she really wanted to be a school bus driver 🙄. So year later I see the ex nurse and ask how that is going. The woman exploded as she wasn’t driving because she needed a commercial drivers license (CDL) and school for that is $$$. She then asked me “did you know you need a CDL for school bus”? Asked the wrong person as my dad was a heavy equipment/tow truck driver and had a CDL for 50 years. So I looked her in the eye and said “yeah”. Haven’t spoken to her since 😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

And this would be horribly disappointing for someone, like myself, who enjoys going to Military Park to watch warm ups especially when you have a student marching.  How can they "police" & enforce this policy in an 'outdoor' public space?  That rule would be similar to the NCAA's FCS (Division 1-AA) "No bands in the Stadium" policy for the playoffs through the championship in May.  I understand wanting to keep everyone safe, but it's ridiculous!  (Especially given the updated CDC guidelines for outdoor events for the "fully vaccinated".

#ThisDeservesAProtestMarch  :soapbox:   

This is the verbiage from DCI:

Post-performance interaction with family, friends and other performers will not be possible for this summer. Performers and staff will not reenter the stadium after performances. Family members, fans, alumni and sponsors will not be permitted in “backstage” areas. This includes parking lots, warm-up zones, corps entry/exit gates and tunnels.

& if Drum Corps fans organize a protest march, it will be the best dressed & covered down protest march in history.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Here's an example of "jest" for O'Neal's:

1) Lucas Oil Stadium opens roof for DCI Championship Finals.

2) Indianapolis receives a 'biblical' historic torrential rain event for that day/night.

3) Due to lack of drainage, Lucas Oil Stadium fills with water over the 600 level.

4) Due to the 'aquarian effect', some 30,000+ DCI spectators loose their life due to historic flooding.

Jest (verb): the act of speaking or acting in a joking manner.   :whistle: :spitting:   

Music for the 'aquarian effect'

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I would find it more valuable if it were an actual block feature. Where they can’t see my posts.  

It would also be nice if I couldn’t see their posts when quoted by another member, but I do my best to block it out and do not respond to the quoted section.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1