BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

3 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I would agree but if that guy was caught, he would be prosecuted not just a misdemeanor but a felony. I get his anger but sometimes you have to take other steps other than violence because IMO that was out of line if that happened. 

But maybe you’d need to walk in his shoes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The biggest surprise to me last nite with the west coast shows was when I dug into the caption scores. I  learned that BD topped SCV in Percussion last nite out there. I have to admit I did not see that coming, as my understanding is that BD has a mostly complete new battery, and a couple in the battery are young ( high schoolers ).  I'm not sure the last time Reddick's percussion at SCV lost the Percussion caption in a scored competition, but it must be awhile ago, imo.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

The biggest surprise to me last nite with the west coast shows was when I dug into the caption scores. I  learned that BD topped SCV in Percussion last nite out there. I have to admit I did not see that coming, as my understanding is that BD has a mostly complete new battery, and a couple in the battery are young ( high schoolers ).  I'm not sure the last time Reddick's percussion at SCV lost the Percussion caption in a scored competition, but it must be awhile ago, imo.

Not to long ago. Finals night 2019, BD won drums that night 19.85..........SCV 19.80

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, lowend said:

I'm very intrigued by their brass sonority on the Kings.  It's not the brightness that I'm used to from them.  I kind of dig it.

I believe they are on Conn-Selmer brass this year, but essentially they are still King like. I say that because I still think the horns are made outside of Cleveland, OH in Eastlake. That used to be a King factory. It was bought out by Conn-Selmer some years ago but they still make King brass, including the legendary King 2B and 3B trombones. They also continue to make marching brass. So if BD's brass were still made there then I imagine they are still very much King like horns. The thing that sounds different is BD's low end. That could just be a new approach, but they are so warm and full in the low end this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

I believe they are on Conn-Selmer brass this year, but essentially they are still King like. I say that because I still think the horns are made outside of Cleveland, OH in Eastlake. That used to be a King factory. It was bought out by Conn-Selmer some years ago but they still make King brass, including the legendary King 2B and 3B trombones. They also continue to make marching brass. So if BD's brass were still made there then I imagine they are still very much King like horns. The thing that sounds different is BD's low end. That could just be a new approach, but they are so warm and full in the low end this year. 

King is Conn-Selmer. They have Bach Stradivarius Trumpets, King Marching Brass, and Ludwig-Musser Percussion (also Conn-Selmer) 

Edited by ThatGuy2900
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, lowend said:

I'm very intrigued by their brass sonority on the Kings.  It's not the brightness that I'm used to from them.  I kind of dig it.

It flows over you and wraps you up. I'm in love with the sound. They're definitely contending for the Ott. Might be looking at the new brass caption winner.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lowend said:

I love, love, LOVE a good screamer, in the right spots.  But i prefer lower tones in general. Always male voices over female.  More richness and depth.  I love these horns.