BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

True story Ms. Terri............................

Seven years ago, I was in the Nike Store at a Outlet Mall here in SoCal. I was looking for some Cross Trainers going about my day, when this guy walked in the store, went up to one of the employees and asked him if he was this particular username online. The employee said yes, and the dude just decked him, straight laid him out the floor and then kicked him a few times and said "You didn't think i was going to find your ***..........I know where you live, i know your momma lives and i know where your GF works.............this ain't over!!!" 

Turned out the employee was saying racial and threatening things online to this guy, and the dude that hit the employee was an IT Wizard who tracked him down thru IP Addresses etc. The guy had a paper he printed out with all the things the employee said online and he slammed it down on the counter and told the other employee to give it to their boss so they know who they have working for him. Then the guy just walked out. 

I remember just standing there thinking what the **** did I just witness. 

But it's a good lesson. Watch what you say online, because you don't who you are messing with on the side. 

Oops.  😂 I wouldn’t ordinarily laugh but seeing a racist go down…I probably would have been cheering him on and asking if he needed any help. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oops.  😂 I wouldn’t ordinarily laugh but seeing a racist go down…I probably would have been cheering him on and asking if he needed any help. 

I am most certainly not a fan of violence, and it should be avoided if necessary. But after hearing what the employee said online, i wouldn't have been mad if the dude kicked him a few more times lol. 

Talk crap in private, get beat down in public. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They run away with pee dribbling down their leg if you call them on it in real life.  I’ve done it at drum corps shows and you’ve never seen more backpedaling.  Internet warriors are wussies face-to-face.  They feel empowered by their anonymity but they’re not as anonymous as they think.  

Boy is this a true statrement. I have found when I come across many who are bad ### on line shrink to the size of the mini trolls they are. Often even their own so called knowledge / experience on the activity scares them in person which is quite telling  too.

Your statement is so true and so common in the internet world. Years ago  these individuals stayed in the shadows and knew most people didn't care what they had to say or didn't have much to offer.  AS you said, the on line world brought these, often bullies out of dark but also as you said when in the light shrink back into their dark corner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I REALLY enjoy this blue devils show. I feel every year they have a gimmick that I can’t get over  whether it be a really random but heavily present voice over, a random pop song that feels shoved in for a drum break or choreo section, stuff like that. I don’t feel that at all with this show. It feels like a, sorry for saying, less pretentious approach. All the while they still maintain their BD heritage and format. Love all of the musical selections especially the piccolo trumpet soloist she’s fabulous! This is the show to beat this year, sorry ya’ll. Only criticism I have is I just sorta want MORE. obviously I will get just that so my critique is moot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

True story Ms. Terri............................

Seven years ago, I was in the Nike Store at a Outlet Mall here in SoCal. I was looking for some Cross Trainers going about my day, when this guy walked in the store, went up to one of the employees and asked him if he was this particular username online. The employee said yes, and the dude just decked him, straight laid him out on the floor and then kicked him a few times and said "You didn't think i was going to find your ***..........I know where you live, i know your momma lives and i know where your GF works.............this ain't over!!!" 

Turned out the employee was saying racial and threatening things online to this guy, and the dude that hit the employee was an IT Wizard who tracked him down thru IP Addresses etc. The guy had a paper he printed out with all the things the employee said online and he slammed it down on the counter and told the other employee to give it to their boss so they know who they have working for him. Then the guy just walked out. 

I remember just standing there thinking what the **** did I just witness. 

But it's a good lesson. Watch what you say online, because you don't who you are messing with on the other side. 

For sure. If anyone found out exactly who I was... 😨😁

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

Yes I agree. This show seems more of a shell than past years… and that is okay. It does seem congested in some parts, maybe some reworking will help here and there. Overall I think they have a great structure to work with though

Wellll maybe. The show was complete for the Friday rehearsal...the past couple active years, the ending wasn't really in, so in a way they are more complete but with less dotted i's and crossed t's. It's a really young (BD experience) but very talented group. The "test" was very much passed with their performance at Pasadena. Something close to 155 new Blue Devils, experiencing the excitement, extreme stress and sheer terror of that first performance with the historical kings of DCI. The run at the Rose Bowl was a huge step up from Friday night. Parts that were a little loose tightened up, and I was pleasantly surprised with the response to the challenge.

At this point, not my favorite show but it's early. I've said this many times, and by the end of the year I'm grinning big time. I am impressed and do enjoy what they have now, but miles to go. As discussed with staff, they're already making huge strides from day to day. The kids are just scratching the surface and already impressing. Drum line already going toe to toe with SCV, winning drums last night. Brass line sounding great with Chip Crotts heading up the caption and bringing a more aggressive approach. Color guard has tons of potential, some of the dance work is pretty impressive already. Equipment book is featuring "level up" versions of tosses and such (direct response to Boston's repertoire in 2019), but still a long way to go. Excited for the final version of the program, and if the kids max it out, they'll absolutely be in the discussion.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I am most certainly not a fan of violence, and it should be avoided if necessary. But after hearing what the employee said online, i wouldn't have been mad if the dude kicked him a few more times lol. 

Talk crap in private, get beat down in public. 

I would agree but if that guy was caught, he would be prosecuted not just a misdemeanor but a felony. I get his anger but sometimes you have to take other steps other than violence because IMO that was out of line if that happened. 

47 minutes ago, lyndakay27 said:

Does anyone know what language(s) are represented in the show? And what they are saying. Are they all saying lines from the Yeats poem? And the first set of silks show what looks to me as a religious praying person. Anyone know what that represents?

I noticed the flag last night and wondered too

• Like 2