Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

15 minutes ago, charlie1223 said:

This show will light the stadium on fire on finals. For Real. The energy coming off the field right now is INSANE. The show will feel subversive to those who don’t want to buy in but the way this corps performs you won’t be able to help yourself. It’s stupid good. Just you wait… 

Oh, I love it from a performance / music / energy perspective.  I’m definitely interested to see how it goes with all of the choreography, uniforms, flags, etc.  It’ll probably grow on me.

8 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Unfortunately they haven’t had a show design that “clicked” for me since Relentless.

Wow; For the Common Good, E=mc2, Out of This World, Inferno, IT IS, Beast, or Beneath the Surface?

I think I stood up about 3-5x during these shows at finals...  :babies:  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Wow; For the Common Good, E=mc2, Out of This World, Inferno, IT IS, Beast, or Beneath the Surface?

I think I stood up about 3-5x during these shows at finals...  :babies:  

SINCE Relentless…that would be…IT IS, Beast and Beneath the Surface. Of course there were some great moments in each, but for overall show design… meh. I still cringe when I think of that crackling microphone at Finals in 2017.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, charlie1223 said:

This show will light the stadium on fire on finals. For Real. The energy coming off the field right now is INSANE. The show will feel subversive to those who don’t want to buy in but the way this corps performs you won’t be able to help yourself. It’s stupid good. Just you wait… 

I could not echo this sentiment enough and I look forward to all of the skepticism to be laid to rest when the corps lights the field on fire this season.  I for one also did not enjoy the 2018 production and only liked half of the 2017 show, but I thought 2019 was a great start to something new for Crown.  All of this is too say I get the pessimism, but the Corps has not even finished ST and I feel like they are on an operating table getting an autopsy performed. I believe Crown is reinventing its identity.  This year's show is bold and fresh and I for one love the courage they are taking in trying something new to break the mold.   It reminds me what Bloo 2016 and SCV 2018 did successfully for their corps and in my opinion Crown will join those ranks this year with "Right here, Right Now".  The energy on the field at this moment is usually not felt until most corps hit Allentown.  All I can say is buckle up and get ready to enjoy the ride!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

I still cringe when I think of that crackling microphone at Finals in 2017.

Lisa Oil Stadium is infamous for wireless mic issues. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

And there's a great solution for that; wires!  :spitting:

Agreed. But there have been some corps that have been spared. I don’t remember Cadets having any issues with their narrator in 2014.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B-Flat said:

I could not echo this sentiment enough and I look forward to all of the skepticism to be laid to rest when the corps lights the field on fire this season.

I hope you’re right.  I like all the pieces and I agree the performance level at this time is insane.  Maybe when I get to see a run-through the whole show will feel more fluid and complete.

• Like 1