2022 Season Predictions

Looking at the video, including the oil "spilling" and the fires, I wonder if the  Troopers show may be more of a "see how bad oil is" and have a Green Theme.

I predict that throughout the 2022 tour I will remain always baffled over how DCI presents its "Schedule & Tickets" pages on the web.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Looking at the video, including the oil "spilling" and the fires, I wonder if the  Troopers show may be more of a "see how bad oil is" and have a Green Theme.

That was my first thought especially with the title Voracious, as in an insatiable appetite for fossil fuels. Man, I’m all favor of finding alternatives and lessening our carbon footprint but I don’t want to hear about it in a drum corps show. With their fleets of trucks and busses spewing diesel fumes and the heavy use of disposable, single use products in their food service programs I would like a bit of self-reflection before a corps goes down the “environmental” path. Slick video though. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

And they could somehow reference SCV's 2015 "The Spark of Invention". 🧐 

And that Madison show where we’ve used the last oxygen on the planet or some such. 

• Haha 1

The DCI winter meetings in preparations for the 2022 Tour have shifted to virtual due to the new variant, travel issues, etc.  Here's a quote:

Originally planned to take place as an in-person event in Indianapolis, meeting organizers made the decision just prior to the New Year to shift the sessions to a “virtual” format in response to the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic and also its vast impact on air travel.

https://dci.org/news/annual-dci-winter-business-meetings-pivot-to-online-format?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

The DCI winter meetings in preparations for the 2022 Tour have shifted to virtual due to the new variant, travel issues, etc.  Here's a quote:

Originally planned to take place as an in-person event in Indianapolis, meeting organizers made the decision just prior to the New Year to shift the sessions to a “virtual” format in response to the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic and also its vast impact on air travel.

https://dci.org/news/annual-dci-winter-business-meetings-pivot-to-online-format?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email

Appears there are no rules changes proposed-is this correct?

39 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Appears there are no rules changes proposed-is this correct?

No mention of any new rule proposals.  Any new rules are usually introduced prior to the winter meetings but they may have suspended any new changes due to COVID over the past two years?    

18 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

… again.

black is the new red