The Blue Stars Present....

10 hours ago, corps8294 said:

First impressions...
The corps seems young, this year; especially the drumline. The hornline produces a very full, lush, sound that fills up a stadium nicely. The show has a lot of potential and should really keep them busy, throughout the season. 
They don't seem as polished as they did back in 2019, at this time; but they have a fantastic show they can build on and develop into something awesome. 
Come August, I think they could place as high as 8th and no lower than 10th. 

Oh, and for all those geeking out about the piece of music from "Star Wars: Rogue One;" yep, it's definitely in there. It's great! 🙂

I am SOOOO curious what aspects of that song they're incorporating into the show. The Rogue One piece has like 3 different movements within it all with very different styles and moods. My fingers are crossed it's for the ballad portion 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I am SOOOO curious what aspects of that song they're incorporating into the show. The Rogue One piece has like 3 different movements within it all with very different styles and moods. My fingers are crossed it's for the ballad portion 

It's not that long; but you will definitely recognize it. It blends in well with their show. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Hopefully the 12/8 material where the brass punches you in the face! 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

20 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I predict they will be doing the hardest and most drill again but it won't get rewarded because it isn't as clean as those around them. 

...and they will have one of my favorite shows of the year, so that's a huge thing for me!

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure after last night the Percussion Caption Head lost a wrestling match with the Brass Head at a staff meeting when headcount allocations were discussed. 

Not only are they young, they're undersized. Loved the show, though. You can never go wrong with Prokofiev. 

• Like 1

So many "what happened" and "what went wrong" questions in regards to the percussion. That score, last night, was not good; even for the first show. Was recruiting that difficult, for the percussion, this year? In addition, was it a "well, we have to take whoever we can get" situation? 
If it wasn't for the brass and guard; they would be in the conversation for the corps who, unfortunately, falls out of the Top 12. And, yes, I know those young men and women in the line are giving it their all; but so is every other line out there. Collectively, the talent just isn't there, this year. I hope a miracle happens with that caption; however, as of current, I can see the corps finishing in 11th. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

So many "what happened" and "what went wrong" questions in regards to the percussion. That score, last night, was not good; even for the first show. Was recruiting that difficult, for the percussion, this year? In addition, was it a "well, we have to take whoever we can get" situation? 
If it wasn't for the brass and guard; they would be in the conversation for the corps who, unfortunately, falls out of the Top 12. And, yes, I know those young men and women in the line are giving it their all; but so is every other line out there. Collectively, the talent just isn't there, this year. I hope a miracle happens with that caption; however, as of current, I can see the corps finishing in 11th. 

Not sure what's going on with the percussion. As for the brass and guard thing (ya know, the two captions that beat the Cavaliers that night), thankfully those two sections are collectively responsible for a lot of the sheets. 

It's a long season, and opening night scores are (mostly) meaningless. Hope those kids have a great season regardless of what happens. 

On 6/29/2022 at 1:45 PM, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'm pretty sure after last night the Percussion Caption Head lost a wrestling match with the Brass Head at a staff meeting when headcount allocations were discussed. 

Not only are they young, they're undersized. Loved the show, though. You can never go wrong with Prokofiev. 

Don't worry about size,  Another snare and another tenor drummer will be added soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1