Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

4 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Never underestimate Vanguard to deliver a stellar performance. The musical textures with the visual design is remarkable. This show with a black background in Indy just might be the ticket. Outstanding performance tonight Vanguard you made Stephan proud. 

To me, they performed like they heard their own real power for the first time tonight. The Alamodome'll do that. They've been told THEY ARE Vanguard by many alum leading up to this point, but they proved it to themselves tonight. I remember that feeling as a rookie. It changed me forever.

Now they just have to keep each other safe and healthy. Sky's the limit for a Vanguard on 🔥.

I saw bells in some of guard's hands while they were at the props tonight. This is an improvement from posing and swinging their hair around. 🙌🏽 Most of my criticisms to-date have been met by updates in the next iteration. I'm trusting this crew more and more each time.

• Like 2

For my first ever show, there was nothing better! Being in row three of the section right down the 50 was a treat to listen to and watch! From the first Guardians note to the Blue Devils record score at DCI Southwestern, I couldn't stop smiling and I honestly didn't care about the scores given out. I just had so much fun!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ediblewaffles said:

For my first ever show, there was nothing better! Being in row three of the section right down the 50 was a treat to listen to and watch! From the first Guardians note to the Blue Devils record score at DCI Southwestern, I couldn't stop smiling and I honestly didn't care about the scores given out. I just had so much fun!

BD scored a 92.375 on July 19, 2008 at DCI Southwestern...just saying.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Sometimes BD is so unreachable that 2nd is almost like winning 

just like 2014 or 2019. Bloo getting 2nd those years was basically them winning because BD was just THAT good.

Edited by Ashontheinternet
i cannot spell
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, skevinp said:

So what is BAC’s goal now, to hold on to second, or to beat the Blue Devils?

Since the entire organization agreed 6 years ago that "BAC" would mean Building A Champion someday, you have your answer. 

For the record, there is only one drum corps in existence whom the Boston Crusaders have never beaten. They are the Blue Devils.  Will it take 3 more years or 3 more weeks.....?

Edited by craiga
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

They placed 13th in San Antonio in 2016. Atlanta was where they placed 14th. While I know that since about 2009 some forward thinking alums, board members, and staff began solidifying the corps, and about 2014/15 you began hearing of big plans, the 13th in San Antonio followed by the 14th in Atlanta and the all too real chance of not making finals in 2016 played a huge role in why Boston Crusaders are where they are today. 

You are correct . My bad . Correction . It was actually the Atlanta Regional in 2016 where the Crusaders finished 14th ( not the San Antonio Regional earlier that season where they finished  13th ) . Good pick up . 👍

4 hours ago, Ashontheinternet said:

just like 2014 or 2019. Bloo getting 2nd those years was basically them winning because BD was just THAT good.

2014 BD was unreachable. 2019 scores much closer.

• Like 3