2023 Season Predictions

38 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

You lost me at Mandarins at 6.

Well that’s just my January guess based on all the fall blah blah we all see and hear.  Maybe an updated guess after March camps then a final one after ST’s.  That’s really the one where we all get the bat preseason guess.  After everything starts to shake out from corps staff moves and financial situations are less fluid so to speak.  There are a few corps still on the edge financially I would imagine.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2023 at 9:51 AM, LabMaster said:

Well that’s just my January guess based on all the fall blah blah we all see and hear.  Maybe an updated guess after March camps then a final one after ST’s.  That’s really the one where we all get the bat preseason guess.  After everything starts to shake out from corps staff moves and financial situations are less fluid so to speak.  There are a few corps still on the edge financially I would imagine.  

The update that counts is on 12 August at about 11pm. At that point we can predict who will make top 12, top 6, and top 3 with some degree of confidence.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The update that counts is on 12 August at about 11pm. At that point we can predict who will make top 12, top 6, and top 3 with some degree of confidence.  

If it takes you until then to “predict/guess” then you’re not paying attention.  How confident would you be at 7pm that night?

17 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

If it takes you until then to “predict/guess” then you’re not paying attention.  How confident would you be at 7pm that night?

Perhaps I am just longing for the olden days where performance on the field was more important than show design. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Perhaps I am just longing for the olden days where performance on the field was more important than show design. 

You mean like 2015?  Crown's show was better than BD, but BD nailed their performance on Saturday night and Crown... didn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

You mean like 2015?  Crown's show was better than BD, but BD nailed their performance on Saturday night and Crown... didn't.

You could feel that BD had won after their performance on Saturday night. If Finals had been Friday night…Crown would’ve been champion. 

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

You could feel that BD had won after their performance on Saturday night. If Finals had been Friday night…Crown would’ve been champion. 

If Finals had been Friday night in 2008…BD would’ve been champion. 

Bottom line is you got to get it done when it counts the most. Crown didn't. BD won fair and square. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I had a dream last night that The Cavaliers won their 8th world championship. Then they flew me out to Chicago to celebrate lol!

That’s what you get for eating spicy foods before going to bed.😉

• Haha 1