The Cadets 2023

On 12/27/2022 at 1:07 PM, GetOFFmyDot said:

Is recruitment really as poor as some are saying?    Is camp attendance way down?

I haven’t heard much, but the two updates I’ve heard (along with Cadet’s financial status) have been very ominous    

Attendance was not down. Approximately 170 at a Jan callback camp...no guard this is round 3 for some. 45 SCV showed interest in joining cadets across all sections after announcement which was 3 days before cadets Dec camp.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TOC said:

Were the Cadets their first corps to contact?

That I do not know. From talking to members of my son's indoor group (UP world) it seems like Crown and Cadets were getting alot of SCV interest, it seemed like BAC and Bloo were further into call backs but my daughters bloo friend said 9 were coming from SCV not sure what sect. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 11:23 PM, Jeff Ream said:

i heard good things....in spite of the fall drama things picked up where they left off in August

Let’s focus on the future. No need to “fall drama things”. The corps is in good position to do well competitively. And the imminent plans in progress should offer a “reset” and some good stability going forward. Not “drama” I have 2 student contracted there this year. Let’s let the process ride out with positive interactions. Brass book is awesome and jury is out on percussion, I don’t have any interactions there. 

Edited by RTrocina
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...