The Cadets 2023

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Crown's definitely an Eastern corps as much as Southern, and they were touring the Midwest last year at the beginning of the season. I know because I saw them live in Muncie ( the same stadium as DCI-Open Finals).

Many could argue that Boston spends most of their time in the Northeast unless there's a regional contest.

The Cadets are flirting with being a Midwest corps, as they're pretty darned close to Ohio and Canton...

It's all good.

Really? So when Boston goes to Detroit for the Tour Premiere Show and travels to BOTH Crown shows over the past several years, you think they "spend most of their time in the Northeast "?

That's boulderdash. Look at the last several years shows.  Like it or not, our friends from Fort Mill do stay in the southeast most of the summer.  While Boston has been traveling up and down the east coast from New England to Florida including supporting Crownbeat and Nightbeat every year, Crown hasn't been to New England in years.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you cannot deny the facts.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, craiga said:

Really? So when Boston goes to Detroit for the Tour Premiere Show and travels to BOTH Crown shows over the past several years, you think they "spend most of their time in the Northeast "?

That's boulderdash. Look at the last several years shows.  Like it or not, our friends from Fort Mill do stay in the southeast most of the summer.  While Boston has been traveling up and down the east coast from New England to Florida including supporting Crownbeat and Nightbeat every year, Crown hasn't been to New England in years.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you cannot deny the facts.

Are we seriously going to have an argument about where a corps does or doesn't tour? Dear lord people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Many could argue that Boston spends most of their time in the Northeast unless there's a regional contest.

I suppose if one is so inclined to " argue " that point, I suppose they could... but not very well, imo... not really.

For example, for 2023, just in the month of July alone, Boston Crusaders will leave their northeast region and be in Ohio ( 7/5),.. Illinois ( 7/7 ),... Wisconsin ( 7/8 ),... Iowa ( 7/11 ),...  Wyoming ... yes WYOMING !!  ( 7/14 )...., Colorado ( 7/15 )... Oklahoma... ( 7/18 ).... Texas ( for a week ).... Mississippi ( 7/26 ).... Tennessee ( 7/28 ).... Georgia  ( 7/29 ). Other Corps out west are not region based and likewise and do travel a lot out of their region for long stretches as well.

Its ok in these challenged economic times to limit one travel to mostly within ones region. Understandable. But it would not be accurate to " argue " a point that " Boston spends most of their time in the northeast unless there's a regional contest. ". Their schedule above ( and most recent years ) makes clear that point would be impossible to reasonably make, imo.

... now back to the 2023 Cadets.. its their thread... this topic has nothing to do with them...and so back to them ... and best wishes to them for a 2023  successful and rewarding season. 👍

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Thanks 1

Just because Crown hasn't been to New England in years doesn't equate to "they only compete in the southeast". Someone must be buying that good good up north, because their first three shows are VERY MUCH in the Midwest, not the Southeast. So let's talk about facts here...because someone clearly can't read a regional map correctly.

19 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

Just because Crown hasn't been to New England in years doesn't equate to "they only compete in the southeast". Someone must be buying that good good up north, because their first three shows are VERY MUCH in the Midwest, not the Southeast. So let's talk about facts here...because someone clearly can't read a regional map correctly.

Let’s talk about Cadets here! OK?

• Thanks 6

26 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

Not going to take the bait. its a Cadets thread.. Looking forward to seeing the Cadets perform once again in New England. Fans enjoy seeing the Cadets perform each and every season in Boston and in the other New England region states . The Cadets have done so now almost without fail for over 80 years  . So Its all good here.👍

Edited by Boss Anova

11 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Let’s talk about Cadets here! OK?

Do you do this for other corps when their threads get taken over?

11 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Not going to take the bait. its a Cadets thread.. Looking forward to seeing the Cadets perform once again in New England. Fans enjoy seeing the Cadets perform each and every season in Boston and in the other New England region states . The Cadets have done so now almost without fail for over 80 years  . So Its all good here.👍

Awe, too bad! I love fishing! I definitely use facts as repellent though. They definitely keep the bug bites away. 

Funny though, you didn't mind commenting on BACs defense? 🤔

6 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

Awe, too bad! I love fishing! I definitely use facts as repellent though. They definitely keep the bug bites away. 

Yes, I have.  But now you are trolling.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

Please, give it a rest.  

Right here, right now.

Don't make me repeat it 37 times.

• Haha 4