Top 12 Predictions 2023 (No off topic discussion, please!)

Since I have a number of friends who have been involved with the Crossmen, including my fiancee Brenda (Crossmen color guard 1980-81), I hope the corps is back in Finals this year. 

I'll let you all argue over the other 11 finalist spots. 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

Honestly, I have not heard Cavies this year, but I didn't care for them last year. I think the top corps just keep getting better and better, but I just expect Cadets, Phantom and Mandarins to make the biggest pushes this year. Also, I was not impressed with Boston or Troopers. 

I also didn't care for Cavaliers last year. This year is completely different.

From what I've seen and heard We're going to have a banner year from all these corps, so that's a positive!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

1. Bluecoats
2. Boston
3. Blue Devils
4. Crown

5. Blue Stars

6. Cadets
7. Cavaliers
8. Phantom
9. Troopers

10. Colts 
11. Mandarins
12. Blue Knights

Edited by DCI-86

50 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

1. Blue Coats
2. Blue Devils
3. Crown
4. Cavaliers
5. Boston
6. Cadets
7. Blue Stars
8. Phantom
9. Blue Knights
10. Mandarins
11. Troopers
12. Colts 

I like this one. It would be really interesting to see Cavies finish 4th.

Kinda reminds me of 97-98. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I like this one. It would be really interesting to see Cavies finish 4th.

Kinda reminds me of 97-98. 

Kinda reminds me of my rookie lead baritone tackling me in the parking lot of LOS in 2017, after beating the Bluecoats and taking 4th on the VERY. LAST.NIGHT. OF. THE. SEASON. 

Dads and sons don't get many moments like that...I'll relish that one forever. Mainly because my kid did audition Bluecoats in 2017 as well. Went into Sunday of final camp  based on music scores feeling like he'd easily made the line as a rook even with "rook outs" auditioning in with tons of experience from other corps. Visual Staff showed up on last day...very little "written official feedback", and he ended up off that line. And went to Rosemont. And never looked back. 

But in that moment...in the lot in 2017, my kid whispered ONE TIME and ONE TIME only regarding the Bluecoats "How do they like me NOW!" Kid doesn't have a vengeful bone in his body. And respects the hell out of all the corps, their staffs, etc. But just that once...he let it loose. 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Kinda reminds me of my rookie lead baritone tackling me in the parking lot of LOS in 2017, after beating the Bluecoats and taking 4th on the VERY. LAST.NIGHT. OF. THE. SEASON. 

Dads and sons don't get many moments like that...I'll relish that one forever. Mainly because my kid did audition Bluecoats in 2017 as well. Went into Sunday of final camp  based on music scores feeling like he'd easily made the line as a rook even with "rook outs" auditioning in with tons of experience from other corps. Visual Staff showed up on last day...very little "written official feedback", and he ended up off that line. And went to Rosemont. And never looked back. 

But in that moment...in the lot in 2017, my kid whispered ONE TIME and ONE TIME only regarding the Bluecoats "How do they like me NOW!" Kid doesn't have a vengeful bone in his body. And respects the hell out of all the corps, their staffs, etc. But just that once...he let it loose. 🙂 

That's right! I remember you telling me about that. 

And that is a big reason why you never give in. Keep going and don't let fear over take you... 

There is no corps The Cavaliers fear 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCI-86 said:

1. Bluecoats
2. Boston
3. Blue Devils
4. Crown

5. Blue Stars

6. Cadets
7. Cavaliers
8. Phantom
9. Troopers

10. Colts 
11. Mandarins
12. Colts 

Whoa! Colts are fielding two world class corps who might be Top 12 finalists? :w00t::doh:

• Haha 2