Summer Music Games in Cincinnati 2023-07-05

This will be fun to watch tomorrow.  As a Bluecoats homer they rode a lot of last year in 4th place before their surge later in the season so if they’re 3rd I won’t be too upset, I know they’ve got a lot of tricks up their sleeves 🙂

This year does feel a little more fully realized out the gate but I’m sure they’ve got plans down the road.  Little Rock later is usually very good for them 😉 

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

This will be fun to watch tomorrow.  As a Bluecoats homer they rode a lot of last year in 4th place before their surge later in the season so if they’re 3rd I won’t be too upset, I know they’ve got a lot of tricks up their sleeves 🙂

This year does feel a little more fully realized out the gate but I’m sure they’ve got plans down the road.  Little Rock later is usually very good for them 😉 

I am predicting .5 spread between 1-3. Won’t be upset at that at all. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I watched Bloo again last night to get a better read on things. This show is just amazing. Crown will likely win tonight. They are incredibly good and much cleaner (I think). Boston and Bluecoats most likely will fight it out for 2nd place. Boston's brass is further along. Percussion may favor Bluecoats. Guard to Boston. Visual Analysis may be a push for now. And who knows with GE. I expect it to be close with all 3 corps. The top 4 this year are truly magnificent. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

BC has a good chance to win tonight, IMO. Their potential GE advantage is probably stronger than Boston or Crowns captions at this point.  But who knows. It’s a toss-up.  I hope they are all tied or tenths from each other. 

I know in the past I've read on here that full judging isn't always in place this early. If that's the case what are we missing? 

6 minutes ago, frank4now said:

I know in the past I've read on here that full judging isn't always in place this early. If that's the case what are we missing? 

If it is the same setup as finals from last year, the only difference is a double panel for both GE captions.

• Like 1