Summer Music Games in Cincinnati 2023-07-05

13 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

This will be fun to watch tomorrow.  As a Bluecoats homer they rode a lot of last year in 4th place before their surge later in the season so if they’re 3rd I won’t be too upset, I know they’ve got a lot of tricks up their sleeves 🙂

This year does feel a little more fully realized out the gate but I’m sure they’ve got plans down the road.  Little Rock later is usually very good for them 😉 

I must be a terrible judge, but I think Bluecoats are going to take it tonight and establish themselves as the current season leader.

Boston will be a close second, and Crown third.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I must be a terrible judge, but I think Bluecoats are going to take it tonight and establish themselves as the current season leader.

Bold but I like it. You may be right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

When making my prediction, I honestly was leaning this way. I just think Boston is cleaner right now which gives them the edge for tonight. 

• Like 2

Clearly some different opinions than mine, but I see Crown (can’t believe I’m saying this), as the clear front runner. All of their performance captions except vis ensemble are probably the best right now. GE could push Boston ahead. I see Bluecoats in a clear 3rd right now of this group.

Edited by WarriorWay
  • Like 3

It’s funny how we all see something different.  

For me, Crown is the cleanest musically with an improved drumline and guard from last season, but their drill is mostly curves and not as clean nor visual as others. Bluecoats show seems very on par from last year, but they might be a bit cleaner.  Only flaw I see is sometimes the GE gets lost with too much going on.  BAC is a more heightened focused version of last year. More visual, polished, and cleaner. 

Right now, I think BCs have an edge, with BAC behind them slightly. But Crown and BAC both have shows with massive growth potential.  

Edited by NewArpege
  • Like 1

Betting odds in Vegas are 1000000000000000000 to 1 that Troopers will NOT be 4th place.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

This will be fun to watch tomorrow.  As a Bluecoats homer they rode a lot of last year in 4th place before their surge later in the season so if they’re 3rd I won’t be too upset, I know they’ve got a lot of tricks up their sleeves 🙂

I just want the peejamas back. I loved them l don’t care what anyone says :ninja:

7 minutes ago, denverjohn said:

Betting odds in Vegas are 1000000000000000000 to 1 that Troopers will NOT be 4th place.

What are the betting odds that the Troopers will get a big boost in their score tonight competing against 3 big boys, and the Troopers fans will start talking about them fighting for top 7? 😂

29 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I just want the peejamas back. I loved them l don’t care what anyone says :ninja:

First time I saw that in rehearsal is one of my favorite moments in my time watching/working in DCI.   Total palette change was awesome.  

• Like 1