Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

3 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

And Cadets .300 behind despite performing almost 45 minutes earlier.  The battle for 5th is for real...

I'm not too worried.  8/10 judges had Mandarins over cadets in content/repertoire and 7/10 had Phantom Regiment over Cadets in the same sub captions.  Cadets are performing a weaker show very well.  Weaker is relative, it's not bad by any means.  But I think it's pretty clearly the 7th best show on the field this summer.  

• Like 5

Blue Devils in a one 1-corps tier. No one has a chance against them. No knock on BAC, Bluecoats, or Crown. Just that BD knows how to design and execute a drum corps show like no one else. Until you can out-design BD, their dominance will continue. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Slingerland said:
7 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

We have to consult the Wayback Machine to the last century but I believe the 12th place Bridgemen won percussion in 1981.

Bridgemen were 6th that year, I believe. 

77 Oakland Crusaders won percussion in prelims in 77, but didn't make Finals.

Thank you, 1977 Oakland Crusaders sounds right.

I was thinking that Bridgemen won high drums three years in a row but that was half a century ago.  You can't expect me to remember everything! 

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

No way, they're doing it cause they can handle it already. One caption carrying a corps ain't so bad!

... says an old guard member who was def carried by an excellent drumline.

In all seriousness, this is a staff issue, not a member issue IMHO.

Problem is you can’t fix a staff issue 3 weeks before finals.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can anyone tell me the recaps for percussion and color guard?  Failing to get on to DI to see them.  Can't seeCavies drums over BAC - but wanted to see the recaps

Finally a note about the Cavaliers percussion section........................WHAT ON GOD's GREEN EARTH ARE THEY FEEDING THESE PERFORMERS! 

Just an incredible percussion section playing the bajesus out of a demanding and well written book. Good gravy my hair was on fire after watching them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3