Still Crum-bling on the hill in Allentown - August 5, 2023

Over 10,000 fans Saturday and Friday packed to the end zones. No rain. Great performances.

JBC…. She don’t lie. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vuitton said:

I hope that as well. It would be so fun to see them flip-flopping from Thursday to Saturday night. It would make for a really exciting finals night. It really isn’t that exciting in years were one corps is the clear winner. 

Can’t remember a time when this happened.  It’d be so exciting, and also, great for the fans and corps. This activity needs more of that.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Hey it’s a free world. Think what you want. I’ll be proven right in everything I said in less than a week.

Nope. Didn’t forget.  Judges do have the ability to properly rank and rate assigned same captions over 2 consecutive nights. If there were different panels, then yes I would agree wholeheartedly.  But to be wrapped up in the impossibility of the numbers being reasonably comparative,  is not  a total buy in for me.  Now, moving on.  We’ve beaten this dead horse sufficiently.

13 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Nope. Didn’t forget.  Judges do have the ability to properly rank and rate assigned same captions over 2 consecutive nights. If there were different panels, then yes I would agree wholeheartedly.  But to be wrapped up in the impossibility of the numbers being reasonably comparative,  is not  a total buy in for me.  Now, moving on.  We’ve beaten this dead horse sufficiently.

Thanks for telling us what is acceptable to discuss here.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wilme861 said:

Yeah at every other competition, the judges have the ability to go back before submitting it all at the end to adjust their numbers. For Allentown, they could adjust the Friday corps until they submitted everything at the end of the show Friday. For Saturday, they had their Friday numbers to reference and could adjust just the Saturday corps scores throughout the night until they were done at the end to fit in with the Friday numbers. Are there some spots where maybe the judge "trapped" themselves into a smaller range than they would have liked? Yeah most likely but it is what it is. Most judges are experienced enough that it doesn't happen all the time. BOA judges have the same struggle at Super Regionals and Grand Nationals.

They'll also run into this "problem" at Prelims and Semis as they release scores after each block of corps during the intermissions. So they can adjust the scores until that intermission then that block of corps has their scores locked in for the night.

I am very excited to see how the drum judges in Indy manage the Cavaliers percussion, since there will possibly be seven corps performing after them, and Cavies scores will be posted by the time the final few corps perform. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Thanks for telling us what is acceptable to discuss here.  

I didn’t tell anyone what to discuss.  I was trying to say that I am done discussing that.  Maybe I could have crystallized it better. But read it anyway you wish.  Your snark is recognized.

Edited by LabMaster

It's comical that this whole thing isn't such a HUGE issue for some of you until your favorite corps seems threatened in placement.  It is just the opinion of strangers on the internet.  Some of you need to chill.

And, my 2 cents, with the same judging panel, I definitely think the combined scores from both nights mean something as a whole.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MBo1974 said:

It's comical that this whole thing isn't such a HUGE issue for some of you until your favorite corps seems threatened in placement.  It is just the opinion of strangers on the internet.  Some of you need to chill.

And, my 2 cents, with the same judging panel, I definitely think the combined scores from both nights mean something as a whole.

Meh, I think the dust will settle on Thursday, atleast for the first place spot. All the bickering over one night vs two nights is pointless. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

All good brother. Water under the bridge. 

I nominate you @Chief Guns as the ombudsman of DCP. Always respectful, mature, and positive. Thank you!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1