Phantom Regiment 2024

8 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Marie lacks the stamina to be a Corps Director in 2024.  Phantom continues to believe that they can succeed by reliving the past.   What they need is a young gun (male or female) to push the corps forward.

She is not going to be the director, I think that Corps manager was a title created just to keep her on staff. Last year she was special advisor to the director.  

Sounds like there are some beefs on this choice. What's so awful about this person? 

32 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Sounds like there are some beefs on this choice. What's so awful about this person? 

She has a long, long, loooong history of scoring Phantom's guard below both other corps and what other judges would do in the same season.  So much so that there has been public discussions (not from the corps, but from fans) about judging panel lineups at finals directly affecting their placement over the years. 

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

She was guard instructor when I was in Norwood Park in 72 and 73.  She was Marie Kas back then.  Her brother Frank was corps director.   I was in the brassline so I didn’t have much contact with her.

I was 14 when she was teaching. I personally wouldn’t want any of this hassle now or especially not in my 70’s.  God bless her, though.  She always seemed very nice to me. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Keeps her off the panel 

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

👀😄

That was pretty much my first thought and reaction to saying the quiet part out loud too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

She has a long, long, loooong history of scoring Phantom's guard below both other corps and what other judges would do in the same season.  So much so that there has been public discussions (not from the corps, but from fans) about judging panel lineups at finals directly affecting their placement over the years. 

Mike

Same with the Cadets guard in the late 90's. When she was judging, we knew we were 2nd behind BD while every other judge had us 1st, always. One regional in 98 she placed us 5th and behind the Glassmen, which she awarded best guard to - I remember at retreat SCV members looking over at us like WTF just happened. We always thought April had ###### her off at some point by yelling at her... who knows. If I'm not mistaken, she was the first to score BD guard, with ticks, drops, etc. perfect 10's at finals. My point is there has always been bias with her judging. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

i remember an old thread on here where someone tried to start a petition to get her fired from DCI

11 hours ago, Cadet Guardy said:

perfect 10's at finals.

I thought there was no such thing as perfect scores in DCI, only the maximum score. 

Wait. I thought she was biased against the Scouts. Haha everyone has a beef with her. 

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2024 at 8:55 PM, kdaddy said:

https://www.instagram.com/thephantomregiment/p/C5i1f5ELaQs/

We're thrilled to announce that Marie Czapinski has been promoted to the role of Corps Manager for Phantom Regiment!

With her unparalleled expertise, dedication, and passion for the marching arts, Marie has been an invaluable member of our team. From her storied career as a judge, instructor, and co-founder of @wgisportofthearts, to her previous contributions as Assistant to the Corps Director, Marie has consistently demonstrated her commitment to excellence and her unwavering support for our organization.

As Corps Manager, Marie will continue to bring her wealth of experience and leadership to our corps, guiding and inspiring our members to new heights of achievement. Her deep understanding of the activity and her genuine love for Phantom Regiment make her the perfect fit for this role.

Please join us in congratulating Marie on this well-deserved promotion! We can't wait to see all the incredible things she will accomplish in her new position.

If you can't fair scores from 'em, hire 'em.

• Haha 7