DCI Januals 2024

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Problem this time is construction doesn’t start until late June / early July.  And it may not become apparent that it won’t be done in time with only a week or two before finals week.  

well DCi was smart enough to have a contingency then. https://www.dci.org/news/2008-drum-corps-international-world-championships-relocated-to-indiana-university

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Unless it's changed, train service for the sport ball teams was paid for by the sport ball teams to MBTA.  I doubt DCI has the cash for that

According to the MBTA, the  Kraft Group paid for track upgrades, built the station, and will be responsible for upkeep of the station. The service itself is funded by the MBTA and fares. Daily service from Foxboro is supposed to start soon, so there may not be a need for special trains. However with all the woes the T has experienced lately, rail service may not be a selling point. 

8 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I'm unsure what "Januals" are, and I don't see mention of it, but does it mean we're safe from woodwinds on the field for at least another year.....?  😬

Annual meeting of the corps to discuss all the things. Every other year are rule proposal years, so correct we are safe one more year. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tim K said:

According to the MBTA, the  Kraft Group paid for track upgrades, built the station, and will be responsible for upkeep of the station. The service itself is funded by the MBTA and fares. Daily service from Foxboro is supposed to start soon, so there may not be a need for special trains. However with all the woes the T has experienced lately, rail service may not be a selling point. 

Oh that's new then.  It's been ages since I lived up there now and it was a "Kraft owns this station and it's only open at his behest."

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

52,000 is the whle way around. whats concert side?

Probably not much different than the oil can quite honestly. Even though Lucas has a 70,000 seating capacity, it has a lot more end zone seating than Memorial Stadium in Bloomington. So, my guess is that there’s not much difference. The acoustics, however……

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Probably not much different than the oil can quite honestly. Even though Lucas has a 70,000 seating capacity, it has a lot more end zone seating than Memorial Stadium in Bloomington. So, my guess is that there’s not much difference. The acoustics, however……

Accurate. I’d post the seating chart but posting pictures on here is like 24 hours of labor. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Accurate. I’d post the seating chart but posting pictures on here is like 24 hours of labor. 

As you wish...

indiana-football-seating-chart-at-memori

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

In the FAQ section from the 2008 article that @Jeff Ream shared, Memorial home or concert side side seats 28,000.  But given that Lucas Oil is an indoor facility, I would think that the turf replacement would run pretty smoothly. The foundation & drainage system is probably in pretty good shape with minimal repairs? Most sites quote a 3-6 week install.  

Our new HS turf system install only took about 8 weeks but that was tearing out the Bermuda grass, top soil, & old drainage system. Then the new concrete rim, barriers, foundation, & drainage had to be installed before the turf.  They also had to dodge thunderstorms in May & June.  

The 2008 relocation was also the new construction which rarely goes as scheduled. So hopefully the 2024 project will mostly be a turf replacement. 🤷‍♂️ But I could also be an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. 😁 But I'd rather be in the 'ole oil can.

https://www.dci.org/news/frequently-asked-questions-2008-world-championships-relocated-to-bloomington-ind 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1