Vanguard 2024

So happy for SCV Finding their  Nirvana. Welcome Back! Looking forward for what you have in-store this season.

On 1/23/2024 at 6:05 PM, Sideways said:

All they need to do is Harmonium by John Adams 

Oh, that is a fantastic idea, or phantastic idea. Regiment did a great job with Wild Nights in 2003.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

Oh, that is a fantastic idea, or phantastic idea. Regiment did a great job with Wild Nights in 2003.

Yes they did but taking on Harmonium in its entirety is a completely different beast!!

On 1/21/2024 at 6:59 PM, craiga said:

"SAILBOAT!"

For it could be for it is.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

14 hours ago, NewArpege said:

Nothing would warm my heart more than SCV mounting an epic return and winning this year. Any one know how their camps and enrollment is going?

From what I heard after the last camp, the staff is extremely excited about 2024.  Several veterans across all sections have returned and the brass book is exciting/challenging.  Word is they sounded incredible.  I have a feeling they will be very competitive this summer.  Can't wait to see/hear them.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAYGO said:

From what I heard after the last camp, the staff is extremely excited about 2024.  Several veterans across all sections have returned and the brass book is exciting/challenging.  Word is they sounded incredible.  I have a feeling they will be very competitive this summer.  Can't wait to see/hear them.  

This is the time of the season when everyone sounds so much better than ever before.  The key is how much better Corps X is relative to how much better Corps Y is.   Thankfully (?) we have judges to determine this for us. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

This is the time of the season when everyone sound so much better than ever before.  The key is how much better Corps X is relative to how much better Corps Y is.   Thankfully (?) we have judges to determine this for us. 

I don’t need a judge to decide for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DAYGO said:

Hopefully their budget has been limited enough this year that the sound system and electronic instruments had to be cut and props scaled way back.  It’s time for today’s DCI fans to see and hear what Old School SCV can do in a new era.   

• Haha 2