Shows you regret NOT seeing "Live"?

1 hour ago, frank4now said:

I started going to 2 or three shows a year beginning in 2006. I was busy working and raising kids during most of that time, so there are some years (shows) I really regret not seeing live. Here are a few off top of my head.

Phantom 2008

Carolina 2015

Carolina 2008

Actually the whole season 2008 I missed unfortunately 

***correction I did attend one show in 2008. I saw Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Bluestars, and Crossmen that year somewhere in Cincinnati. I remember loving Cavies Samarai show.

Seeing Phantom Regiment from the first row 50 in Bloomington is something I’ll never forget.

That was probably the Fairfield show when it was actually in Fairfield.  They hold it at Mason High School now. 

• Like 1

SCV 09 - dedicated lots of undergrad and grad study to Graham's movement principles and those based on her work

SCV 13 - I was listening to Les Miz as a kid instead of making friends...I would have raged incredibly hard to this show

SCV 14 - yeah, trombones in my face is just one of the bazillion reasons I'm sad I missed this one

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

2021 the non-judged, back from COVID Celebration year. Just about anyone's show. They were all very enjoyable. Still the one I listen to the most, even Finals from the Dino years. 

I'm working through the audio on those literally right now.  Phantom, Cadets and Cavaliers were amazing.  Cavies, of all corps, just decided to spit fire and rain destruction on the stadium.  Such a great show.  -Mike

• Like 4

June 1999. At the time I was stationed aboard the USS Germantown in Sasebo Japan.

I went home on leave back to LA to see my family for 30 days. Decided to take a few days and drive up to Oakland to see one of my knucklehead high school friends that moved up to the Bay Area. 

Well the weekend I went up there, DCI had a show in Concord. I contemplated going as I hadn't attended a show since I joined the Navy couple years prior. Instead I chose to hang out with my friend and a couple of his buddies. All we did was drive around Oakland, and go to some dirty, nasty, stank rundown club in Richmond where you would probably catch something just standing in the club. I wanted to set my clothes on fire once we left there. Complete waste of a night.

Meanwhile 20 miles up the road in Concord, the show that I passed up, turned out to be the famous "Lights Out" performance, where the stadium lights went out during the middle of BDs performance, and they kept going and finished the show completely in the dark. 

Years later someone posted that performance on YT, and when the lights went out and BD kept going, the crowd lost their freaking minds. I remember someone here on DCP talking about being there that night. They said not only were there babies being thrown, grown adults were also being tossed onto the field as it was one of the most electric moments in DCI history, and there were times the crowd was so loud, you couldn't even hear BD. 

But I chose to go hang out and drive around Oakland. 

You can tell that I made smart decisions back then at the age of 21............................says no one ever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I'm working through the audio on those literally right now.  Phantom, Cadets and Cavaliers were amazing.  Cavies, of all corps, just decided to spit fire and rain destruction on the stadium.  Such a great show.  -Mike

Yep, all those are on my Hit Parade list. And of course Bloo. Lucy was a masterpiece IMO. 13 minutes of pure fun. 

• Like 1

18 SCV...got rained out at Allentown

• Like 3

87 Vanguard Finals

87 Phantom

87 Sky Ryders Finals

88 Suncoast Sound Finals

89 Cavaliers  Finals

89 Star of Indiana finals

2013 Carolina Crown Finals

2023 Carolina Crown  Finals

Edited by Zeke

3 hours ago, frank4now said:

I started going to 2 or three shows a year beginning in 2006. I was busy working and raising kids during most of that time, so there are some years (shows) I really regret not seeing live. Here are a few off top of my head.

Phantom 2008

Carolina 2015

Carolina 2008

Actually the whole season 2008 I missed unfortunately 

***correction I did attend one show in 2008. I saw Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Bluestars, and Crossmen that year somewhere in Cincinnati. I remember loving Cavies Samarai show.

Actually, in 2008, it's a shame if you missed Finals in Bloomington. The top four were all incredible. And, the scores were so close.  Phantom barely squeaked it out over the visually perfect Devils, and both the Cavies and Crown were just as worthy as the top two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drumhead31 said:

Actually, in 2008, it's a shame if you missed Finals in Bloomington. The top four were all incredible. And, the scores were so close.  Phantom barely squeaked it out over the visually perfect Devils, and both the Cavies and Crown were just as worthy as the top two.

Don't remember why I missed. I was a retail manager and Saturdays were hard to take off but I usually at least hit the prelims. Must have been short staffed.