my favorite Cadets shows

11 hours ago, DAYGO said:

So many iconic shows in their history that will live on forever, but for selfish reasons, my favorite was 2023.  I followed them closely all summer and got to see my son on the field in his rookie DCI season. When the last formation hit on Final night in Indy as a large part of the crowd erupted, there he stood. Right on the 50 yard line.  Nobody knew at the time that it would be the last brass release of one of the most storied corps in the history of the activity.  It brings a tear to my eye now just thinking about it.  Yesterday was a very tough/emotional day for my son and our family.  We'll all move on but as I told my son, he'll always have last summer and those memories.  I'm eternally grateful that he had that opportunity.  Thank you, Cadets.  

FHNSAB

I liked 2023 so much. One of my favorites in a strong summer. Your son and you should be proud for being part of it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2000 and 2001 stick out the most to me because those are the first two years I experienced drum corps in person so those naturally stuck with me. 2010's something of an underrated year for them, I feel. And of course many of the classics from the 80's and 90's that have already been mentioned. 1989's a year that probably doesn't get enough love compared to their title years.

• Like 1

1982 -- Such a musical breakthrough.  I still listen to it.

1984 -- West Side Story. Nuff said. Also, I was there on finals night.

1989 -- Les Mis.  It was a show that came so close to coming together.  SO CLOSE.

2000 -- Pure showmanship. Kind of reminds me of 1988 Madison Scouts in the amount of raw energy poured into the performance

2002 -- Yes, the narration was annoying.  But God, I love Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy.

2005 -- The Zone:  To this day I have no freaking idea what they were trying to do here, but ###### if it didn't work in spades.

Along with 1987 (the first year of drum corps I saw), when I think of the Cadets, it's more about pieces of shows. 

2000 - having fun in the challenge call/response

2002 - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

Early 2000s - Malaguena, Moondance 

The last 3 minutes of the Christmas show in 2012

2007 - for all the crap from that year ("let's try it without the vocals" and for those at quarter finals.. Yard gate) 

Edited by Dansize
Typo
  • Like 1

The last Cadets show I loved was Ten … until that fateful day they switched to black, and the visual turned to mud. 

• Like 2

Too many to count for me, but I will always have a soft spot for the nostalgia show during the covid year. Brought back a lot of great memories and was really well done.

• Like 2

My favorite Cadet shows include 1982 through 2015..2018,2022 and 2023...I know that's a huge chunk of time, but I found at least something rewarding during those years that left me satisfied..I didn't always care about placement but as many have said, 1989 and 2015 were close to being winning shows..Peace

2000, “We Are the Future”, for me. It was a joyous musical book and the brass/percussion “duel” was great drum corps theater!