Pre-Spring Move Ins Predictions

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Aren't they digging then filling a whole #### swimming pool?  or will the pool be built on the surface somehow?  having an above ground olympic size pool seems weird.

Built on top of the playing surface; just needs a 'redwood deck' & a cooler of Milwaukee's Best.  😂

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Re SCV - ‘Brand’ should have NOTHING to do with placement.  What should matter is the product on the field.  Nothing else. The design and performance is what should determine where SCV places.  They have top-notch staff. The question I have is what level of talent there is.  I can see them placing anywhere from 14th-7th.  But wherever they end up, it should be based on the performance on the field, not ‘Brand’. 

<<rant off>>

Yes, totally agree. You misread that post by me. Saying a corps has a strong brand name only indicates that they can likely recruit well and get quality staff -- in large part because of the historic shows and placements from years past. I would never say a corps should win because of their brand and their history. All I was saying is that SCV obviously has a storied history. They are one of the biggest brands in the activity. We all know that helps in getting recruits, staff, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t heard all that much chatter in the off season. I haven’t run into too many of the people I know who have a handle on things. I’m hoping no news is good news. I know someone related to a staff member of Phantom who claims they have had successful camps, but that’s about it.

I know of no reason to not expect last year’s top four to be this year’s top four. Blue Devils will be the corps to beat but I expect BAC, Crown, and Bloo to be hungry for a title. 

I’m not sure I would put SCV in the Top 5. It could happen. As others have mentioned they have the staff and the history, but they have been inactive for a year and Mandarins are a stronger corps than when SCV last competed. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mandarins became a fly in the ointment for the top four. 

A bit further down could be interesting. I’m thinking 12th could be hotly contested. Blue Knights will want to hold on to a spot in finals, Pacific Crest will want a shot, Crossmen and Spirit would love to return, and I’d love to see a stronger show from Academy. I’m not predicting a surge for Surf, though if it happened I’d be thrilled, I think they’ll have a great show. I just hope they find a new spot to host the  Glassboro show. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Built on top of the playing surface; just needs a 'redwood deck' & a cooler of Milwaukee's Best.  😂

That seems so weird.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Well, it seems like the swimming event will be done in mid  June

if it  took a month to break it down. I think we would be fine. 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

My Debbie Downer prediction....

Finals will not be at the Oil Can due to delays with the turf.

:tugowar:

i have wondered on this. however, being in an enclosed venue, and knowing the Colts have preseason games there, they can pay to have around the clock work down

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

The three "All-Age" shows "March On!" in MN along with the Bush and Reading Shows are the only ones that are "Coming Soon" and they tend to release tickets later in the spring.

Be aware, I created a topic for the TBD shows that covers this subject if it is helpful for you.

I believe Bucs were close to having a location. the spot that show was held in when just a DCA show would in no way be able to logisitically support the show on the schedule for this year. my hunch is just waiting for administration to sign off on it, and it's a place thats held shows before and has good height in the stadium if it's where i heard

9 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Aren't they digging then filling a whole #### swimming pool?  or will the pool be built on the surface somehow?  having an above ground olympic size pool seems weird.

Here’s a quote from the attached article.

“The event’s teardown will happen much faster than the buildup. Ferguson said that, as soon as the last race is over, crews will start draining the pools and leave the venue within days.”

https://www.ibj.com/articles/meeting-and-event-planning-guide-nobodys-ever-done-thi

I’m assuming above ground. It doesn’t need to be as deep as a pool that also has a diving area

Edited by Brian Tuma
More info
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have wondered on this. however, being in an enclosed venue, and knowing the Colts have preseason games there, they can pay to have around the clock work down

True.  But NFL has ability to move games from one team’s stadium to the other if necessary.   Usually with weather issues.  

I hope LOS is ready.  But I also hope Corporate DCI has a plan in case it isn’t. 

Speaking of LOS renovations- aren’t they supposed to be installing some new kind of artificial turf?  Somehow less likely to cause injuries to football players?  I wonder how it compares to the real grass or other artificial turf that the Corps march on the rest of the summer?

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
More better English
  • Like 1