Official DCI Prelims Thread 2015

The little girl in the Bd show is amazing and a great performer too. She makes that show now. Adorable and memorable, not cheesy at all.

Why the judging changes for finals!?

Although credentialed, Jay Kennedy hasn't judged any show for the percussion caption this season.

SCV: My favorite recent SCV show. Keyboard opening is flawless. Drill was not as exciting as I expected from all of the hype on here (this was my first read). Theremin was nifty, and some cool electronic sample moments. Baritone soloist was the true wow factor in the show, imo. Also the flag poles that lit up were a cool and unexpected effect. Percussion was FLAWLESS, cliche I know.

I have to say, the multi cam did some unspeakable things during vanguards show. A lot of cool moments were missed cause they were zooming in on the percussion section or the pit. The ending part where the different sides of the block cross over to the other side, followed by the ripple jump turn... completely missed. It made me quite disappointed....

• Like 2

No, it's too hot, it rains all the time, and you have too many snakes!

I can't argue with any of those points...but there sure are lots of band kids down here that would love to see a show live.

Crown was amazing tonight. Just flat out winners with the brass and guard in particular. I mean, heck! Just dethroning Blue Devils guard all season long is impressive enough for a hopeful title run! And those banners are some serious GE fireworks working on the field. They just have it all this year. 😎 I will say though that the Bluecoats are beginning to scurry their way into a possible silver with that beautiful show. Wouldn't be surprised to see them sitting there Saturday night if you ask me 😅

BD - Like last year, saw the show online and thought "eh it's ok" but wow seeing it live is totally different. Had them in 2nd or possibly 1st. They are just soooo good at executing it's ridiculous. Now I finally "get" the show and the ending with the girl was awesome. Some folks around me were close to tears.

I had to double back to make sure this was BD i was reading about

I can't think of the last time someone said this about 21st century BD...

• Like 1