Cadets 2015

Black it is guys. I'm trusting they clean the feet, that guard, and turn up the intensity.

oh I want the black - bring it on!

someone just asked where the Cadets all cream were... 2 has them

oh I want the black - bring it on!

someone just asked where the Cadets all cream were... 2 has them

most Cadets on tour still have their white dinkles or whatever they call them now. Some went to send them home with parents at recent shows and were told unofficially not to.

most Cadets on tour still have their white dinkles or whatever they call them now. Some went to send them home with parents at recent shows and were told unofficially not to.

I think it's pathetic all the time that's been wasted thinking about uniform colors.

It's a #### gimmick. And it doesn't work.

"10" as a theme is as superficial as it gets, and that so many cadets fans are all agog about colors makes me worry about the tradition of the Cadets that I fell in love with in the 80s, and why I drove all those all-night car trips in 1991 from Oxford, Ohio to NJ for their camps, instead of the easy 1.5 hours to Bloomington (for a corps that ended up winning gold that year): because the CBC were the corps that was pushing the boundaries the most, that had the best aesthetic vision, the most demanding staff, and the tradition of Arete that I loved.

100+ posts about black vs creme? Ridiculous.

Why not spend time and energy getting the alumni and fans together and working hard to insure that next year's theme and show design is actually worthy of the gold-medal talent of the MMs?

• Like 1

I think it's pathetic all the time that's been wasted thinking about uniform colors.

"10" as a theme is as superficial as it gets, and that so many cadets fans are all agog about colors makes me worry about the tradition of the Cadets that I fell in love with in the 80s, and why I drove all those all-night car trips in 1991 from Oxford, Ohio to NJ for their camps, instead of the easy 1.5 hours to Bloomington (for a corps that ended up winning gold that year): because the CBC were the corps that was pushing the boundaries the most, that had the best aesthetic vision, the most demanding staff, and the tradition of Arete that I loved.

Why not spend time and energy getting the alumni and fans together and working hard to insure that next year's theme and show design is actually worthy of the gold-medal talent of the MMs?

wow..... :peek::unhappy::grouphug:

I'm wild about the Cadets this year, and I think the new uniform is very cool.

I just don't understand why they didn't make changes to the middle portion of the show. The thing with the boxes down the middle just feels like there could be so much more. I'm assuming the judges love it and said not to change anything.

Other than that, I can't think of anything I don't love about the show design and the execution. I'm betting the guard hits their peak this thur-sat. And I really, really, really hope they stay somewhere near the tone of this show for next season, regardless of the musical rep and design concept.

I swear your posts throughout this entire thread are of nothing but negativity, disdain and sour grapes. Why even bother coming on this thread if that's all you're going to do? Give it a ####### rest.

• Like 1

Wow, usually I have to check out the Phantom or Madison threads to see this much end-of-season angst. Glad to see Cadets fans are taking it to the next level this year. Are we at 500 pages yet?

No, but this is the most replied to topic on DCP ever. So that's something.

I love the fact that our son gets to age out with the Cadets this year with this show and this awesome setting. Couldn't ask for a better scene than this one coming. Congrates to the Cadets and all the Corps. Its been a great year !!!

• Like 7

Well for starters, I'm a fan.

And I don't have the first ####### clue on how to design a successful drum corps show. And as much as other posters on this forum would have you believe, 99.9% of them don't either. (That .1% belong to corpsband and Channel3. They've got it figured out.)

As for the alumni... mad respect to them, but see above. Having marched a show doesn't qualify you to design one. Especially considering how the activity has evolved. The last thing we need is yet another Cadets' rendition of West Side Story or Bernstein Medley.

All my humble opinion of course.

• Like 2