ALLENTOWN - Day 1

Percussion judges had differing opinions.

Nice, BK 2nd in brass over SCV.

Just musing here... What if BK pushed over SCV?

Scores are up!

hmmmm, actually everybody's score was down tonight!

Just saw on Twitter from Cavs:

Surprise!! We had all 150 members back on the field tonight. We hope you enjoyed Allentown! #cavs2015 #GAMEON

• Like 8

hmmmm, actually everybody's score was down tonight!

I'm thinking numbers management over 2 nights.

Stupid the way they divided this show this year. Tomorrow has all the contenders this year except BD. The score for BD means nothing when their main competitors are not competing on the same night. Stupid move DCI! Just make this one big show next year, please?

It may be the style they're actually going for. Have you heard BD's opener? The low brass really lets loose and you can hear that exact same sound. I think it's for effect.

Oh yes. :cool:

I have NEVER heard that kind of sound coming from a BD hornline, certainly not anything I heard tonight. I listened through the PC into a 100 watt receiver, then into medium quality headphones (not the really good phones I had been using). I could listen pretty loud, but the differences in the quality of the horn sound is crystal clear.

In fact, BD's horns were flat out fantastic tonight. Great tone, balance everywhere, great horn impacts. Drums too, were really on their game.

Stupid the way they divided this show this year. Tomorrow has all the contenders this year except BD. The score for BD means nothing when their main competitors are not competing on the same night. Stupid move DCI! Just make this one big show next year, please?

One word: MONEY.
  • Like 4