ALLENTOWN - Day 1

Im pulling for them to do that! They havent been top 5 in all of world class since 1999 quarters, sadly, they dropped to 7th in finals and semis.

Yep beat Glassmen in Quarters, Glass beat em in Semis, and then Madison had a show for the ages and BK took 7th. Highest BK score in finals though-92.5

Electronics were down but they seem okay now. I wondered if the synth player messed up because it looked like he put his hand on his face like he was upset

I think the poor kid just choked. He played ok for 1 or 2 beats, then just gaaked. He tried to get back in, but was too far off. He put his hand up to his face and just stopped. Luckily the keyboards came in flawlessly after that where they were supposed to. I was recently thinking how well he played that part in the past. Perfectly all year. Imagine the pressure on him at that moment. Hopefully he got it out of his system and will be fine next week.

• Like 2

Stupid the way they divided this show this year. Tomorrow has all the contenders this year except BD. The score for BD means nothing when their main competitors are not competing on the same night. Stupid move DCI! Just make this one big show next year, please?

In traditional sports competition, usually you will have the 1 & 4 seeds in one semi-finals bracket, 2 & 3 in the other. For whatever reason, they had 1 & 5 seeds in the same bracket, 2-3-4 in the other. This may have to do with other corps competition the corps need to travel to, or how far corps had to travel to get here, etc. I'm not saying I know all the circumstance, I don't.

Just because you don't understand it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's "stupid."

• Like 2

In traditional sports competition, usually you will have the 1 & 4 seeds in one semi-finals bracket, 2 & 3 in the other. For whatever reason, they had 1 & 5 seeds in the same bracket, 2-3-4 in the other. This may have to do with other corps competition the corps need to travel to, or how far corps had to travel to get here, etc. I'm not saying I know all the circumstance, I don't.

Just because you don't understand it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's "stupid."

They had 1 and 4 tonight, based off of last years finals placements. I am pretty sure that is how this show is organized.

• Like 1

Oh yes. :cool:

I have NEVER heard that kind of sound coming from a BD hornline, certainly not anything I heard tonight. I listened through the PC into a 100 watt receiver, then into medium quality headphones (not the really good phones I had been using). I could listen pretty loud, but the differences in the quality of the horn sound is crystal clear.

In fact, BD's horns were flat out fantastic tonight. Great tone, balance everywhere, great horn impacts. Drums too, were really on their game.

Not only are they great players, but those custom brass instruments made by King here in Eastlake Ohio are amazing. Best marching brass on the field I think, along with Kanstul.

• Like 1

I use my Samsung Built In TV Speakers:)

Time to upgrade, my friend, this is drum corps! Get some Klipsch, or JBL's (horn loaded speakers) and turn it up!

Oh, and don't forget to get the Blu-ray. Yes, it is that much better, it's the best sound you can get to listen to drum corps.

Your ears will thank you. :cool:

Edited by wvu80

When they build the schedule for the year they obviously take one corps randomly from a three-placement pod and put them on one night and then the other two on the second. I'd probably reverse the two nights for the next pod. They have no way to know in the Spring that things would have panned out that way.

They might consider not scheduling the two nights until after the beginning of the season to they have some parity between the two shows.