DCI Suggestion Box

Lets put our brainpower together to fix the copyright issues. That's something worth trying to get sorted out.

Z

I agree totally!

But first we'd have to follow Bill Shakespeare's advice about lawyers. (Just kidding.)

Just a thought (if that) here. If we want consistency and we want to reduce the impact of anomalous judgments and eliminate big swings for differences in panels:

Why not double the number of judges for a show and have those same judges judge all three nights.

$$$

What's the point, anyway?

It seems like a lot of folks want to reverse engineer the judging "problem". People look at how things shook out then figure out what change would make Crown the champion. If Crown wins title #2, I imagine there would be nearly no complaining about judging by Crown Fans. Instead there would be complaining about judging by other corps.

Fixed that for you. After Prelims and Semis, there were people on here complaining that GE counts too much. So it isn't just fans of one corps who do that.

In any case, I can't speak for anyone else but my own suggestion was not based on the expectation that such a change would benefit any particular corps. In fact, I daresay it would make any such corps-specific reverse engineering as you describe more difficult to justify, as individual judge results would either be corroborated or softened by the other judge of the same caption.

It seems like a lot of folks want to reverse engineer the judging "problem". People look at how things shook out then figure out what change would make Crown the champion. If Crown wins title #2, I imagine there would be nearly no complaining about judging.

This is the equivalent of me wanting to change the rules of baseball, because my beloved Cincinnati Reds are having a down year. I understand that the Reds need to do things differently. I'm not arguing that the team with the hardest throwing relief pitcher be given wins. That's not how baseball works.

I really, really, really liked Crown this year. If they would have won, I would have been cool with that. They didn't win, and BD won. I'm cool with that too. There is nothing wrong with the system. It works. Lets put our brainpower together to fix the copyright issues. That's something worth trying to get sorted out.

Z

Yes and besides BD would figure out how to win in the new system as well. They always do. now enough with the #crazypantsband fans. I saw all I need to see last night.

I thought people wanted crazy and unpredictable placements? I guess not when BD ends up the winner in the end...

• Like 7

talk about crazy. This one dude totally went off real late at night and was saying some pretty wild stuff: "Id rather come in in the middle of the pack with honor and integirty then lie and cheat my way to false titles that noone respects."

Yea I expected a spit storm but this went on for two hours straight!

This thread needs to be changed to how to keep BD from winning even though i am sure the OP intentions wasn't this. Average out the three scores then Crown would have won last night. But then Bluecoats would have lost to Cadets last year with scores averaged over three nights. So people would have cried last year lol. It doesn't matter what you do. BD are winners and they will make adjustments to whatever you throw at them. Some people want a baby throwing caption since BD doesn't appeal to fans in their opinion. But BD plays to the sheets remember??? So adding a baby throwing caption won't stop them cause they play to the sheets!! So go ahead and add the baby throwing caption and at some point BD's staff will see it and since they play to the sheets they will design a show to max out that caption and make you throw your baby just as far as any other corps. So as a BD honk i say bring it.

• Like 4

This thread needs to be changed to how to keep BD from winning even though i am sure the OP intentions wasn't this. Average out the three scores then Crown would have won last night. But then Bluecoats would have lost to Cadets last year with scores averaged over three nights. So people would have cried last year lol. It doesn't matter what you do. BD are winners and they will make adjustments to whatever you throw at them. Some people want a baby throwing caption since BD doesn't appeal to fans in their opinion. But BD plays to the sheets remember??? So adding a baby throwing caption won't stop them cause they play to the sheets!! So go ahead and add the baby throwing caption and at some point BD's staff will see it and since they play to the sheets they will design a show to max out that caption and make you throw your baby just as far as any other corps. So as a BD honk i say bring it.

Drops mic.....

• Like 1

Here I go to solve the problem. Don't release the scores for Thursday and friday, Seed in groups of 3, and random draw for finals. Fans won't be butthurt because they won't know who was in first those nights. It will also make Saturday more important to witness because nobody knows who can win or where the upsets will be. Yeah you won't know who made the next night until it's all done but I'm sure they can do that behind closed doors with the staffs without everyone seeing numbers.