Blue Devils 2016

Pretty ironic that BD has been winning GE all year. They add the ocean, and get 3rd in GE. I don't really think there is a correlation, but ironic nonetheless.

I hope it's not like Star in 1992. They were winning the whole year and won quarterfinals. They added the big curtain at the end of the show in semifinals and fell to 2nd. Then they fell to third in finals.

Something tells me BD is going to be just fine though.

• Like 1

I hope it's not like Star in 1992. They were winning the whole year and won quarterfinals. They added the big curtain at the end of the show in semifinals and fell to 2nd. Then they fell to third in finals.

Something tells me BD is going to be just fine though.

I think it's just a matter of the judges getting used to what's on the field. I always use the "rule of two" when determining whether a change in the show works or not. If BD's new "ocean" is not well received my the judging community again tomorrow, then there is reason to believe that the change made may not work in the long run.

TOC scoring is whacky and I do not believe the top 3 should give them to much weight but rather focus on maxing out their shows. Remember folks everyone has a new ending to put in, so things will get more dicey.

• Like 1

Maybe BD needs to add some CHEESE with that ocean !!! :shutup:

Maybe the judges reacted the same way I did. My first reaction when I saw the picture was "YUCK!"

• Like 1

Remember when.....?

I remember when BD finished 4th last year at quarterfinals, some homers of a certain corps rejoiced all over this forum, 48 hours later when BD came from behind to win, those homers was no where to be found till this past June.

• Like 3

eager to see it in action but ya, gosh, that tarp is a bit on the nose