San Antonio Showdown

It is in the northeast.

If Boston does not make Finals, it will be the 1st time that no Corps from New England, NY or NJ has made the Top 12. Not only in DCI history ( DCI inception of 1972), but also in recorded Junior Corps Drum Corps history. ( VFW, American Legion, World Open, CYO Nationals, etc ). Most years, this section of the Country would have between 2-5 in the Top 12 in the country. Even the Cadets ( that moved from NJ ) are having an off year as well. New England, NY, NJ was once chock full of great top echelon Junior Corps. But its dying out. Drum Corps can not long survive without a northeast in play. For just one example, DCI will never get back on TV ever again, if it becomes just a regional activity, with the loss of the heavily populated Northeast for interest and exposure at its Finals Championships. It will become like the sport of rodeo. Popular in Texas, and on TV regionally, but with little to no interest at all in New England, New York, New Jersey ( or Florida ) to generate sufficient interest from any networks to consider putting its Finals on TV ever again.

As of Sat top 12 DCI = 2/west, 8/mid west and 2/East.

How is Pennsylvania not in New England?

Because it's in the mid Atlantic states. New England is north of us

• Like 2

I mean it makes sense for it to be apart of "New England"

In the past and in the future,

1) It was one the original 13 colonies i.e. NEW England

2) it is apart of the Northeastern megalopolis https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_megalopolis

It is tied inextricably to New England historically, geographically, and economically.

Sooooo, with your line of reasoning, Ga, SC, NC, etc. (part of the original 13 colonies) should also be part of New England.

• Like 1

I am only commenting here for the pure happiness I have for the Bluecoats winning their first regional. If this is the best it gets for them this season so be it. I'm just glad that this show was a legitimate validation of the work they are putting in NOW. Being a fan of them and following them (and the rest of the drum corps tgat I respect) since 2008 it makes me so proud that some respect is finally coming to Ohio in the small drum corps community we know and love. I can't even imagine the joy coming from the current members and the alumni. I can only express my happiness for them. Lastly, to those saying the Bluecoats will peak, there are changes (that I have personally heard) that may be added to the opener that will remind you of a recent successful year for the Bluecoats that hopefully will be implemented. You'll know when hear/see it. :) Go Bloo!

I texted the results of the show to my bluecoat member (Blou Lou-nickname) and he didn't know they won! Can't imagine how excited he felt and him telling his fellow B'coats ! BLOOOOOOOOOOOOÕ

• Like 2

Thanks for being such a nice person. I'm sure your Mother loved raising you.

It's not technically in "New England," but it might as well be. Heck, NY and NJ were officially apart of New England for a few years.

I don't know if you're trolling, or trying to be serious? New England is a very culturally distinct region of the country, with unique regional cuisines, accents, vernacular, and traditions.

NJ / NY were part of The Dominion of New England for 3 years in the late 1600s (1686-89). I don't really think that qualifies for considering NY/NJ as having any real historical / cultural connection to New England, with the exception of common American culture/history shared by all of the original 13 colonies.

As others have said, try telling a New Yorker or someone from New Jersey that they are actually a part of New England. It won't go well.

Edited by Catan

Are we really arguing about which states are consisted new England on DCP?.....^_^ why am I not surprised

As we all know, it is of the utmost importance to argue about irrelevant topics on DCP. :satisfied:

That being said, as a native New Englander, I take this argument kinda seriously. It's borderline offensive for someone to suggest lumping us together with New York and New Jersey! :tounge2:

• Like 1

Thanks for being such a nice person. I'm sure your Mother loved raising you.

It's not technically in "New England," but it might as well be. Heck, NY and NJ were officially apart of New England for a few years.

At this point the best thing you can do is put the shovel down and stop digging that hole you're in. And apart from that, memorize that NY is not a part of NE.

• Like 2

As of Sat top 12 DCI = 2/west, 8/mid west and 2/East.

Well, this is only so, if you put Arizona in the mid-west! Those of us in the 48th State lean more to the West-West.

• Like 1

Are we really arguing about which states are consisted new England on DCP?.....^_^ why am I not surprised

Well we already debated Munsters vs. Addams Family a dozen times