Staff merri-go-round

Holy ####. If any of that is actually true, I've just lost all respect for Hopkins that I gained for him this season... What the hell?

The cherry on top is the one good review that is clearly written by Hopkins himself

You certainly assume a great deal. Clearly???

Good grief

Totally off topic but I'm looking forward to being much more active this offseason. In part for watching topics like this. Was pretty out of the loop until December or so last year.

Good... you can make up for me being less active. LOL.

Have a lot of "real world" stuff facing me in the next year or so. Might have to put drum corps on a back burner for a while.... we'll see. Or at least a side burner. LOL.

• Like 1

Which I think would be a mistake...

In any given year, 85 is the typical score that gets you into finals. They scored and 85 and were pipped by a surging BAC. They had a great show that was instantly indentifiable as a Madison show. It was just bad luck. Wholesale changes or changing for the sake of change would set this group back 5 years at least.

Please don't get set back. I thought they had turned the corner in 2014, but apparently not. Cavies seem to be back on track, but Madison just can't get over the hump. I think the last show that had the bones to be competitive to get into the top 5 was back in 95 (all Spanish music, with Malaga as the big composition that they built it around or maybe the Pirates show which was a couple years after that.

• Like 1

I guess it depends on who (if true) Hop brings in. If there's someone he trusts to do it, have at it. If it's just reacting to this show... I'd rather he kept at it.

Mike

It has to be a staff that bows to his wishes on changing his vision. Word this year is great dissension in the ranks

If this was to happen, may some of the current Cadets vets follow them.

Cadets are not exactly moving up the ladder of success. The talent level kept them from placing lower. Unfortunately the pool of talent may not be as deep or wide as it has been.

If rumors are true it may be a long time before they're even in a conversation for another gold.

The real problem doesn't see himself as the problem. Until that gets fixed the slide down the lader will most likely continue.

I don't know much about Colin, but I know Gino has had a HUGE effect on multiple people who have marched since 2000. His passion and intensity rub off on anyone in his presence. I hope this is just a rumor but if it isn't, I cannot tell you how deeply I feel the Cadets will have lost a great man.

Well, Colin was just inducted into the Cadets HOF, so he is well-liked by a LOT of people.

• Like 1

If this was to happen, may some of the current Cadets vets follow them.

Cadets are not exactly moving up the ladder of success. The talent level kept them from placing lower. Unfortunately the pool of talent may not be as deep or wide as it has been.

If rumors are true it may be a long time before they're even in a conversation for another gold.

The real problem doesn't see himself as the problem. Until that gets fixed the slide down the lader will most likely continue.

Actually, on facebook, he has admitted to making some mistakes. Take off the hateful glasses for a moment and maybe you would see that.

Regardless, I am gonna wait for official word before I start listening to some of the same people on this site who have wanted GH to leave the organization in the first place.

Well, Colin was just inducted into the Cadets HOF, so he is well-liked by a LOT of people.

Wasn't implying he wasn't well liked, just indicating I have never had direct contact with him (other than his writing the drum book when I marched Crossmen, but since I was a horn player, I didn't know much about him back then).

• Like 2

Wow if Collin and Gino leave the cadets that's an huge blow to them - I'll believe it when I see it but stranger things have happened

Agreed. Especially considering brass and percussion have been their strengths recently.

• Like 1

Oh you mean the one Hipster who posted over and over

LOL

NEVER trust internet reviews unless they number in the hundreds at least

I would generally agree, but knowing some folks who've worked there unfortunately lends some credence to the reviews for me at least.