Cadets 2017

56 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

here's something we can all agree on... 1987 high cam

If we can all agree on something like this........why not present something like this for their 2018 program? Judging concerns? What their doing now isn't working either in that regard. So what do they have to lose?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

In such heat, even better than ice cream (which sometimes causes dairy side effects) is Italian ice or sherbet due to the greater water content. We often used it on the ambulance for heat prostrastion cases.

If no Italian ice is being allowed by MikeD to leave New Joisey, here's the list from Braum's in OK cited on the Broken Arrow thread. My mouth is watering. https://www.braums.com/ice-cream/sherbet/

Yes, all those things were tossed around all day. Sadly, we're already in Texas, no Braum's for us.

16 hours ago, henry7184 said:

I think it needs to be totally new - music that has never been done before. It needs to be a theme like SCV, BK or Bluecoats, not a story line. It needs to be not so literal. 

I still think if they took off those robes on the horn line they would fair better.

THIS. Enough with the stupidly literal shows please! 

I want some more shows like 2013 out of the Cadets 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shewhois said:

Luckily, despite all the talk on here, morale is high. The kids are excited to do their show which THEY love and appreciate as something different from the rest of the top 12. They will continue to clean, reach new heights, and work their A$$ES off in hopefully what could be one of the best summers of their lives.

The staff is getting along too, btw. 

Man I swear when this show starts to place well and people start to praise it again I'll just be sitting here laughing... Sometimes, you really do need to trust the process and let these kids and the staff show what they can do. You might actually end up liking what they come with.

I've been praising it since the Massillon show in June. It has it's flaws at the moment, mostly in section 3, but it's such a good change from last year. 

Great to hear about the kids, the staff, and the work ethic. People need to keep in mind that even if this show was perfectly designed and being executed by a corps with the experience of the 2013 group, you would still have detractors because of the source material and religious/Christian nature of the show. It's a risk on that front. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Shewhois said:

Luckily, despite all the talk on here, morale is high. The kids are excited to do their show which THEY love and appreciate as something different from the rest of the top 12. They will continue to clean, reach new heights, and work their A$$ES off in hopefully what could be one of the best summers of their lives.

The staff is getting along too, btw. 

Man I swear when this show starts to place well and people start to praise it again I'll just be sitting here laughing... Sometimes, you really do need to trust the process and let these kids and the staff show what they can do. You might actually end up liking what they come with.

Agreed!

I've seen several complaints about how literal this show is. Could the literal nature of the show be a requirement of the Bernstein estate? Apparently permission to use the source material was difficult to obtain, so perhaps the designers have little latitude to make changes? 

• Like 2

I'd like to repeat, I found great interest in the progression of Cadet's 2016 show. Their Finals performance on Blu-Ray displays a product that stood well with those who finished above them.  2016 had lots of good stuff going on, ending as one of my seasonal favorites. If you can, watch that event on Blu-Ray with an open mind one year later . . . . SOLID !

This can happen again.

• Like 2