The Cadets 2019

5 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

Show 1. Stop all of your Trolling and B!tching .

Well said. I think we all know how hard working these members are. I won’t see them live until the end of next week - looking forward to seeing how far they’ve come 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EricS said:

this show reminded me of a 10 year old Phantom Regiment show.

Wonderful comment - what a terrific era for Regiment - Spartacus show won, Turnadot was incredible as was Into the Light ! 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FTNK said:

It’s just sad that this is the clean-sheet no-Hop design and this is what comes out. Maybe it proves that the problems went a lot deeper than the top, sadly. Troubled

The off-field issues sound BAD

Let's be honest and deal in facts here.  The facts are, Bobby Jones is no longer there.  When you lose a drill designer in the middle of spring training, before the drill is complete, that is a HUGE deal for any corps.  Why is Bobby not there anymore?  Could be multiple reasons.  However, let's not forget WHY they even had Bobby in the first place.  He was hired by GH.  Bobby had no history with The Cadets at all.  He was only brought into the fold because of GH.  So, 2019 isn't exactly a total clean-sheet, no-Hop design.  They still started with Bobby Jones, which is probably going to go into history as their biggest mistake of the year.  

WHO would they have hired back in 2016/2017 if they hadn't hired Bobby?  Well, that's a great question.  Cadets had just lost Gino and Colin, and Jay Bocook wasn't coming back either.  It was probably a tough sell to get ANY top staff at that point.  There were rumors about Pete Weber, Jeff Sacktig, and even Michael Gaines coming to Cadets,  But who knows if any of those were even possible.  

I can tell you this.  THIS SHOW did look a lot more interesting during the first two weeks of spring training.  I saw it on the last day they were in PA.  It was NOT literal, the visual aspects involving the props were VERY promising, and there was lots of talk of how they were doing everything right.

The loss of the planned drill designer is huge.  It is probably the biggest reason why The Cadets looked like they did last night.  I'm not trying to make excuses here, but this cannot be overlooked.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

Let's be honest and deal in facts here.  The facts are, Bobby Jones is no longer there.  When you lose a drill designer in the middle of spring training, before the drill is complete, that is a HUGE deal for any corps.  Why is Bobby not there anymore?  Could be multiple reasons.  However, let's not forget WHY they even had Bobby in the first place.  He was hired by GH.  Bobby had no history with The Cadets at all.  He was only brought into the fold because of GH.  So, 2019 isn't exactly a total clean-sheet, no-Hop design.  They still started with Bobby Jones, which is probably going to go into history as their biggest mistake of the year.  

WHO would they have hired back in 2016/2017 if they hadn't hired Bobby?  Well, that's a great question.  Cadets had just lost Gino and Colin, and Jay Bocook wasn't coming back either.  It was probably a tough sell to get ANY top staff at that point.  There were rumors about Pete Weber, Jeff Sacktig, and even Michael Gaines coming to Cadets,  But who knows if any of those were even possible.  

I can tell you this.  THIS SHOW did look a lot more interesting during the first two weeks of spring training.  I saw it on the last day they were in PA.  It was NOT literal, the visual aspects involving the props were VERY promising, and there was lots of talk of how they were doing everything right.

The loss of the planned drill designer is huge.  It is probably the biggest reason why The Cadets looked like they did last night.  I'm not trying to make excuses here, but this cannot be overlooked.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FTNK said:

On the way to being Madison Scouts

Oh c’mon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok. I've been sent videos of everyone from last night except the Cadets. Are they really in that rough of a shape?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Ok. I've been sent videos of everyone from last night except the Cadets. Are they really in that rough of a shape?

It's pretty rough... the scene where the Queen is beaten is more uncomfortable than I think it needs to be, a lot of the music feels directionless, and the story is very unclear. The drums sound really good, at least.

15 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Two examples:

I have a  bruise on my side from where my Cadets guard alum friend kept giving me an elbow every time she was horrified with something in the show.

A guy we didn't know, sitting next to her was quiet through the first few corps. After Cadets, he turned to us and said, "that was ROUGH!" 

So... yeah. Hopefully they can focus the idea of the show (whatever it may be) and start cleaning it.