Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

13 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Pioneer could drop to Open Class

A/C in the buses should be a necessity on any tour. If bars are being set basic comforts should be considered.

9 minutes ago, HornTeacher said:

If he's on land under Giants Stadium...does he go against the salary cap of the Giants...or the Jets?

Has to be the Jets if its the 50 yard line. The end zone is unfamiliar terrain for them.:spitting:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

hopefully some would - obviously not the # or level of alumni Cadets are blessed with - so many successful ex Cadets as well... 

An opening at the top of PIoneer could provide a very rare possibility in drum corps. Even without the current problems, Pioneer has a stodgy image.  Yes, I know they claim to be Irish but that is an image that can be shed and a new look would not hurt. A younger director with vision could attract newer members and perhaps keep some vets who want to see a new beginning. The younger director would have to be mentored by someone with experience which would mean a younger director who is willing to collaborate.

There could be lots of people who would love to be part of the rebuilding effort.

3 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

A/C in the buses should be a necessity on any tour. If bars are being set basic comforts should be considered.

Is AC now s basic human right? I mean, I agree it’s pretty necessary on tour but... 

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

An opening at the top of PIoneer could provide a very rare possibility in drum corps. Even without the current problems, Pioneer has a stodgy image.  Yes, I know they claim to be Irish but that is an image that can be shed and a new look would not hurt. A younger director with vision could attract newer members and perhaps keep some vets who want to see a new beginning. The younger director would have to be mentored by someone with experience which would mean a younger director who is willing to collaborate.

There could be lots of people who would love to be part of the rebuilding effort.

There are plenty of older directors out there that would NEVER have taken the direction as Roman with that said I could agree with someone trying to salvage all of this. Digging out on many fronts will not be easy financially or otherwise.

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Has to be the Jets if its the 50 yard line. The end zone is unfamiliar terrain for them

Yep, a Kid went to court asked a judge if THE GIANTS could be his guardian. The judge said why kid said because they can't beat anybody. I am a JETS JETS JETS fan. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Is AC now s basic human right? I mean, I agree it’s pretty necessary on tour but..

In Texas you could die w/o without it, lived there. Today we have more of a human right to get our co-worker fired than making sense out of something that really helps anyone, you tell me?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I remember in 70's that many Corps buses did not have (or use) AC.  Of course, back then the windows opened.

back then Texas tour and Swamp Tour were not mandatory or de rigeur

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Is AC now s basic human right? I mean, I agree it’s pretty necessary on tour but... 

The mms computers need it. It's the 21 century.