Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

They weren’t standing up by me last night.  Just me. 

In 12 days, everyone will be I predict.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

To your point, it is pretty amazing how many corps are using dance companies to develop shows nowadays.  I don't think many people are aware that Bloo's Downside Up was based on a dance company's performance with ramps.  BD had one show where I saw someone post videos of a dance company that inspired it (really wish I remembered which one).  Heck, Crown's prop from Beast has even appeared on America's Got Talent a few years back.

BD's would be Johan Inger's Walking Mad. I just don't get how these show designer are not referencing their source (or maybe inspiration) at the same respect music is listed. Choreographers are now allowed to copyright designs they have created for a specific work as well as any movement they have developed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I found the band director. The young man got schooled (see what I did there? Schooled?)

Great.  Problem taken care of.  Next time, find them before the show starts.

8:39pm EST

1 minute ago, Dmiggles said:

BD's would be Johan Inger's Walking Mad. I just don't get how these show designer are not referencing their source (or maybe inspiration) at the same respect music is listed. Choreographers are now allowed to copyright designs they have created for a specific work as well as any movement they have developed.

Shows how creatively bankrupt the activity is

1 minute ago, Dmiggles said:

I can see why that would be upsetting. I will say, in Bloo's case, I do remember Dean Westman saying at one point (maybe the opening night broadcast?) that the show was heavily inspired by the dance company's performance and even went as far as to reference their name and performance for viewers to research.

• Like 1