Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

I'm jealous. I want to take a trip to Europe and go see all of the top European orchestras.

My Dad and I had a father/son opera geek trip.  My Mom and my wife are not into it.  We did Berlin, Dresden and Vienna.  10 operas, 4 different opera houses and the Berlin Philharmonic.  Heard Domingo twice, once in Berlin and once in Dresden.  He's 78 and did two roles less than a week apart.  It was unreal.  The arts are definitely a different deal there.  Anyway, very special trip with my Dad.

• Like 5

Remember earlier in the week when BD won in Centerville by .275 and so many said the season was over? The season isn’t over until the ghost of VK sings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, jordsterr said:

My Dad and I had a father/son opera geek trip.  My Mom and my wife are not into it.  We did Berlin, Dresden and Vienna.  10 operas, 4 different opera houses and the Berlin Philharmonic.  Heard Domingo twice, once in Berlin and once in Dresden.  He's 78 and did two roles less than a week apart.  It was unreal.  The arts are definitely a different deal there.  Anyway, very special trip with my Dad.

That's awesome. I saw Chicago in L.A. at the Disney Concert Hall a couple years ago, and it was amazing. My favorite U.S. orchestra is Cleveland though. Really need to make a trip to see them.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Biggest story of the night is .250 difference in GE between Bluecoats and BD.

I’d say BD’s chances of catching the Bluecoats in Indy is slim to none.  Bluecoats will sail right through to next Saturday night. 

This coulda been copy/pasted from a Carolina Crown thread circa 2015. And we all know how that went.

These are two championship-worthy shows with two extremely talented corps. It ain’t over til it’s over. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jordsterr said:

this sounds amazing 😭

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

This coulda been copy/pasted from a Carolina Crown thread circa 2015. And we all know how that went.

These are two championship-worthy shows with two extremely talented corps. It ain’t over til it’s over. 

Preach, my friend..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

It’s wild to think Blue Devils haven’t won a regional since 2017.  They definitely are not weaker, I just think other corps have really started to step up.  

That’s been the case, really, ever since 2013ish. Between 2009 and 2012, they went undefeated in 3 out of those 4 seasons, and in 2008 they won every show except Allentown and Finals. But ever since 2013, aside from two additional undefeated seasons in ‘14 and ‘17, they were going back and forth with one or two other corps for at least half the season. That’s a real testament to how much corps have started stepping up their game in response to BD’s dominance at the top.

Even still, the fact that BD has not finished outside the Top 2 in over a decade blows my mind.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, jordsterr said:

I've only seen SCV live one time this season.  Brass is exciting.....but loud.  It's possible to get too hyped for your own good.

Do you mean the microphones and speakers getting too hyped?  

• Haha 3