Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

Being cooped up inside as a family can get tiresome after a while.  But there's a lot of outside safe recreational alternatives to theme parks, restaurants, sporting events, etc...  A family activity we did to get out and about without potentially spreading illness was going on a day hike. Pack your food and hygiene supplies, and explore the open air.  

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m cleaning out all of my cabinets this week.  I think there are spices in that cabinet from the first Bush administration. 

Just sent a joke text out to family and friends to keep up their “spirits”. Guv is closing wine and hard booze stores (state run) at midnight. I have two mini bottles shaped like jugs of local whisky bought at a house auction. Told everyone to hades with the closing I’m ready as jugs have never been opened. Joke is the distillery closed 1990 and jugs sealed by corks. Probably use it to strip paint by now.

oops found a year on a bottle 1976...🤭

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m cleaning out all of my cabinets this week.  I think there are spices in that cabinet from the first Bush administration. 

When things get crazy, cleaning/organizing something always seems to be cathartic.   It works for me. 

I have years of paperwork I've been meaning to attend to.  I just want to be sure I don't burn out my shredder. 

Well scary news for the day if you think about it.... Found out nephew has to go to work as they are a bit swamped. He works at gun dept of a sporting goods business. He has to order a LOT of ammunition......

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Well scary news for the day if you think about it.... Found out nephew has to go to work as they are a bit swamped. He works at gun dept of a sporting goods business. He has to order a LOT of ammunition......

This reminds me of that episode of the Twilight Zone "The Monsters are  Due on Maple Street."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Our local news reported last night a long line at one of our gun shops.  I guess we're getting ready for martial law & the zombie apocalypse.  

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What’s the point of hoarding toilet paper if you don’t have the means to protect it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Continental said:

This reminds me of that episode of the Twilight Zone "The Monsters are  Due on Maple Street."

We have met the enemy... and they are us....

• Like 1

Some encouraging articles breaking this morning.  Won't share link but you can use the  Googler.  Here's just a few:

Researchers in Australia have mapped the COVID-19 in the human boby which could lead to obtaining a faster vaccination 

Four ways the virus can be eliminated 

POTUS pushes $850 stimulus package

Virus could bring down the current POTUS (scratch that) 😇

Salt water spray used in S. Korea to fight virus

Cases starting to decrease in China

Repeat: Cases starting to decrease in China

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Who DOESN’T have that?!?

• Haha 1