Phantom Regiment 2022

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Long shot I guess, but does anyone know where PR will house & rehearse for the July 1st Muncie show?  Their online calendar only has events at this time with no housing info.  Planning to watch Crown rehearse at the venue stadium.  I think the Cavies are in Michiganders... (I've always wanted to type that)   

Thanks!

Any idea what the crown rehearsal schedule is? I might make it out to Muncie if they’ll still be rehearsing Friday afternoon 

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Any idea what the crown rehearsal schedule is? I might make it out to Muncie if they’ll still be rehearsing Friday afternoon 

Crown is in Muncie Tuesday - Friday 

39 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I can think of only a few music books this cohesive among the top 12 in recent memory. Almost no dead space musically for “restaging” as far as I could tell. Could just as well be a brass book from 1989 as far as I’m concerned (and I mean that obviously in the best way possible). Way to go Phantom!

so good. 

Edited by Lance
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Lance said:

i'd like a tag ending to the opener that's involves all the brass playing that excellent rhythmic motif from godspeed one more time rather than the ffffff power chord ending to the number.  it's good no matter what, though, imo. 

Reminds me of the late-season ending from 2001, where after Festive Overture they reprised the motif from the end of the opener out of nowhere. One of the all-time greats. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

According to their tour schedule on their website, they're scheduled  for Muncie & the Summer Symposium clinic on Tuesday, June 28th from their rehearsal day in Ohio on Monday, June 27th.  Clinic (and probably rehearsals) in the show stadium Tuesday - Thursday.  Show on Friday but they maybe rehearsing in the stadium during the day?  Only the show is listed for Friday.

https://www.carolinacrown.org/index.php/programs/carolina-crown/tour-calendar  

4 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Reminds me of the late-season ending from 2001, where after Festive Overture they reprised the motif from the end of the opener out of nowhere. One of the all-time greats. 

So bring in Michael Klesch for rewrites? 😉 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I just looked back at early season posts in the 2019 Regiment thread... woo boy! A different vibe in 2022, and I'm here for it.

But you know who else I wish was here? What about @Rocketman and @GeneralTsoChicken? Or the other @general_tsos_chicken2? Tso #1 hasn't signed on since 2019, so I'm now worried... 😞 

Welcome to DCP 2.0