Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

2 hours ago, ThatGuy2900 said:

The sheets reward variety of skills. Marching drill over and over is one skill. 

That's not what was written. We all know that the sheets reward variety.

The assertion was that they NEED to reward marching more.

I don't want to get into what 6 possible things you may have meant here; I also don't know if marching difficult drill and jazz running for 13 minutes while being clean and having good posture constantly while the whole ensemble is playing most of the time is easier than marching for 5 minutes, posing for 30 seconds, swinging for 2 minutes, and whatever else while specific parts of the ensemble are playing and other parts are tacit...

I can see that both ways have their challenges.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

Yeah, whatever happened to their fun schedule boards from a few years back? Those were the best! And informative!

You gotta get a vol or staff to post them somewhere we can link to. 

16 hours ago, crownisking said:

Whoever the woman doing the voiceover is, I feel confident that she really is British and not just a talented American voice actor. If you listen closely to how she pronounces the “Carolina” in Carolina Crown, you can tell it’s a word she’s not used to saying. 

I happen to love her voice; it's perfect for the setting.  It sounds like the voice used in most of the "dystopian" movies or one of the virtual rides at Universal.  (You can tell as a band director I've been on just about every ride at Universal & the Disney parks.)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Diddlefly said:

Anybody know what Crown’s rehearsal schedule is like tomorrow? I’d like to watch some full ensemble at Scheumann before the Muncie show.

Most corps used to post their daily schedule on social media (COVID), but I got their schedule for Wed & Thu from one of their volunteer staff.  She was very helpful; said they are sent their daily schedule & she let me take a picture of the schedule off her phone.  Not sure of today's schedule, but they may have a final rehearsal with the Summer Symposium students & their final ensemble block would be earlier in the afternoon.    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

Crown's soloists are fantastic..The tone quality and execution are first class..god's hornline for sure(I use the small g to avoid any religious issues)...Hope their show design is equal to their musical choices...because if it is, they should medal. peace

• Like 3

Happy show day for the first time in almost 3 years!! Go Crown!

• Like 9