And the floodgates are opening

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

When I say DCI I am talking about the organization known as DCI. I am NOT talking about the individual corps that compete under the DCI organizations umbrella. What the hell is so hard to understand? 

let’s try it in less words….

drum corps… the activity/individual corps

DCI… the organization 

drum corps <> DCI

Or have we gotten to the point if the organization known as DCI folds (or is sued out of existence) the individual corps will have to close up shop immediately.

Do you think that if DCI dissolved later today, all their corps would continue?

Just now, cixelsyd said:

Do you think that if DCI dissolved later today, all their corps would continue?

I don’t know the inner workings between DCI and Junior corps. But if the corps couldn’t continue if DCI went away, then things are more ###### than I realize.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok I wasn’t clear, let me try it another way. Yes there are people (myself included) that say SOME corps should clear house or dissolve. Maybe I misunderstood or was misunderstood due to “corps” can be singular or plural.

Yes, that is part of it - thank you.

But I haven’t seen anyone on this thread saying ALL Drum corps should dissolve because some can’t protect the members.

Half my examples were from page 1 of this thread.  The context seems clear to me.  

8 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Half my examples were from page 1 of this thread.  The context seems clear to me.  

Ok looked at first page and see where you are getting this from. Us Olde ffolks can’t remember stuff from 48 pages ago. 😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Yep, and Lance’s claim was not even limited to this thread, or even to DCP.  

To suggest that no one is calling for the demise of drum corps is demonstrably false to anyone who has done much reading about it here or elsewhere.  You were kind enough to provide a few examples (I’m not sure why anyone had a problem with that) but I have seen such sentiments expressed dozens, if not hundreds of times.

And (if Lance even intended to make that distinction) they were not all limited to DCI specifically.  Some said DCI and some said drum corps and some said “the activity”.  Some were clearly in the context of any such variant that includes minors.  Some referred to it “all”.

I don’t think it helps anyone to deny the realities of what the sentiments currently include.

19 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Yep, and Lance’s claim was not even limited to this thread, or even to DCP.  

To suggest that no one is calling for the demise of drum corps is demonstrably false to anyone who has done much reading about it here or elsewhere.  You were kind enough to provide a few examples (I’m not sure why anyone had a problem with that) but I have seen such sentiments expressed dozens, if not hundreds of times.

And (if Lance even intended to make that distinction) they were not all limited to DCI specifically.  Some said DCI and some said drum corps and some said “the activity”.  Some were clearly in the context of any such variant that includes minors.  Some referred to it “all”.

I don’t think it helps anyone to deny the realities of what the sentiments currently include.

Ok I made a ####### mistake and admitted it…. Got anymore hairs to split and mind reading what other people meant?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok I made a ####### mistake and admitted it…. Got anymore hairs to split and mind reading what other people meant?

Sorry, I wrote my post before I saw yours.  95% of it had nothing to do with you anyway, and the other 5% was quite gentle, split no hairs and implicitly acknowledged that I did not know what you meant.

I see someone here who has always been a reasonable poster liked your post, so perhaps there is something inherently offensive about my presence here.  I don’t want to wrongly assume otherwise, so I will remove said presence.  Hopefully you won’t have to be angry anymore.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 12:34 AM, Jeff Ream said:

well....wasn't a lot of drum corps, personal stuff ( we do have real lives).....Fossil Chops has gotten more involved running things to help John out...and Nick can't figure out how to record on his Ipad....so rest of team has been chipping in.

I'd offer to be DCAF IT, but John probably already has that covered.