DCI Central Indiana (Muncie) July 1

Crown was stupendous. Their guard was so clean for the first show and that brass line. I love their drill. Fast and furious. I miss shows like this. Sadly, they just aren't rewarded as much anymore.

• Like 4

Too bad the Cavies and Colts don't have more members in their guards.  This could hurt them at the end.

9 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

There’s no way you think BD is more Broadway than crown this year……… I like Crown’s show a lot but the last time I saw someone try that hard to warm up a crowd was when I had tickets to Letterman. 

I always cringe a little any time I see a band or corps try it. Almost always the same result.

If there was a crowd that was going to buy into it, other than NightBEAT, it was this one.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

There’s no way you think BD is more Broadway than crown this year……… I like Crown’s show a lot but the last time I saw someone try that hard to warm up a crowd was when I had tickets to Letterman. 

Yeah, I think them getting the crowd to engage the way they want is just confusion and will not be successful. 

• Like 1

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

Yeah, I think them getting the crowd to engage the way they want is just confusion and will not be successful. 

Relying on the crowd for effect will always fall flat. It has to be natural, not forced, like Spartacus 

• Like 4

Just now, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Hopefully it changes this year!!!

I'm not optimistic. I was talking with another friend this morning and he said don't you miss drill and sustained music. He said, "remember how exciting it was?" Of course I did. Regiment and Crown give me a dose of that this year, but Regiment's show is designed in line with what gets rewarded most and Crown's isn't IMO.

Just like 2019 - best music but visual design is going to hammer them (if the judging is done in the same vein as 2017-2019).

1 minute ago, Big Bird said:

Relying on the crowd for effect will always fall flat. It has to be natural, not forced, like Spartacus 

Exactly. God, Spartacus pulled that crowd in with the subtlest attempt to do so. They didn't have to try and talk the crowd into participating. Hopefully, Crown will quickly realize that won't work and yank it.

4 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Too bad the Cavies and Colts don't have more members in their guards.  This could hurt them at the end.

Same for SCV.....or do they just get lost in the drill.  I'll count next time.