DCI Central Indiana (Muncie) July 1

3 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

The Blue Devils and the Bluecoats are probably the two best corps at adding to their show throughout the season and pacing as to not peak too early. I find it ridiculous and naive to say that those two shows can’t go as far as crowns. If crown is to win gold, they will have to earn it and it will not be easy. Their path to winning gold will have to be through winning multiple non-GE captions imo and hoping that the GE gap isn’t too large to overcome 

Exactly. Look at what Devils did last year. I saw them in Stanford and their show was really a stinker. I wasn't too impressed with Vanguard either, but thought Devils might be in trouble. Then look what happened. Their show was spectacular by finals and they won.

Crown's going to have to win Music and do better than Bluecoats and Devils in either GE or Visual, and I just don't think that's going to happen - much like 2019.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spacewill said:

Maybe, maybe they tweak it.  Either way I found the playing and marching to be the best so far.  I know people keep saying the blues, but I dont find anything interesting with either the bluecoats or devils and found crown to be downright amazing.  But its always about what judges want.

I agree with you completely. I like Bluecoats and Devils enough, especially visually. Crown was more exciting to me, because of the fast drill, the continuous marching and their great guard book. But, to your point, it's not about us, it's about the judges. I mean, maybe Crown is playing to us and realizing that's to their detriment score and placement wise. I just think with their design, it's going to be a tough road for them to get 3rd, much less 1st or 2nd.

To all who disagree - go back and rewatch the top 4 from 2019 - you'll see what differentiated Crown from Vanguard, Bluecoats and Devils, and what kept Crown out of the top 3 - design.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

We had two Blues on top in 2019 and I think it's going to be a repeat of that this year. I thought the same thing about Crown in 2019 - they have so much more clean then either Blue and they couldn't climb out of 4th. Why? Because of design. It's the same problem this year. Design.

We will see.  I love blue coats normally but hate their show this year.  And disnt find BDs show to be anything special.  But the judges always have their vision that isnt always matching of the audience.  Tmrw will give us a great insight into what resonates more with them.

14 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

What are you basing it on that Crown should be more than 3 points ahead of Cavaliers? I happen to trust a group of people that are much more qualified than I to give Crown and Cavies the correct scores.

Crown may beat Bluecoats this weekend, but I don't think so. Even if they do, it won't last long. Bluecoats show design is miles better than Crown's (at least based on what the judges like). I like Crown's show, overall, more than Bluecoats, but liking something and what the judges do are two completely different things. I've learned that the hard way, it it took many times and many disappointments for me to learn that lesson.

To me Crown tops Bluecoats musically, but Bluecoats destroy them visually and from an overall concept and design point of view.

YUP... They should've beaten Cavies by more. Only 0.7 ahead in GE and 0.3 in brass are low. Cavies brass was dirtier tonight than on Tues and should not have been that close. It's just my opinion... Like everyone else here. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, spacewill said:

We will see.  I love blue coats normally but hate their show this year.  And disnt find BDs show to be anything special.  But the judges always have their vision that isnt always matching of the audience.  Tmrw will give us a great insight into what resonates more with them.

Agree with you again, except this is my favorite Bluecoats show ever. It's going to turn me into a Bluecoats fan. It's so beautiful visually and interesting. Musically too, and they have a great guard. Devils show is just so well designed and of course all the mumbo jumbo about them having a down year before the season started was unfounded. 

10 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

YUP... They should've beaten Cavies by more. Only 0.7 ahead in GE and 0.3 in brass are low. Cavies brass was dirtier tonight than on Tues and should not have been that close. It's just my opinion... Like everyone else here. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't understand how you can come to that conclusion. You're judging brass through a video that is delivered over WiFi through FloMarching that sometimes has sound issues of its own. You really can't do that. You're not down on the field. You're not listening to the individual performances. You're not in the stadium. I was in the brassline of a corps that won DCI Finals and I don't feel qualified to judge brass. How does anyone on here feel they are qualified?

I will admit that spread surprised me as well, but I'm not qualified to judge brass.

On GE - there's so much more to it than just entertainment value. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 2

I think it’s obvious isn’t it? It’s a top three BD, CC and BC headlining season. I think they’re all so good there will be a war this summer. Whoever’s in 3rd is never safe ever either. We’re also forgetting Santa Clara vanguard. We need to watch out for them

9 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I don't understand how you can come to that conclusion. You're judging brass through a video that is delivered over WiFi through FloMarching that sometimes has sound issues of its own. You really can't do that. You're not down on the field. You're not listening to the individual performances. You're not in the stadium. I was in the brassline of a corps that won DCI Finals and I don't feel qualified to judge brass. How does anyone on here feel they are qualified?

I will admit that spread surprised me as well, but I'm not qualified to judge brass.

On GE - there's so much more to it than just entertainment value. 

Cavies sounded bad in Detroit. Out of tune for long periods of time and phasing left to right in technical passages. Was still shocked on the scores they got then. 

1 hour ago, RContra said:

-Blue Stars brass and guard are fantastic. What’s going on with their percussion? If they were scoring how the brass line is, they’d be mere tenths from Cavies. 

I think the Blue Stars percussion are fine skills wise, but are poorly staged. They seem to always be behind the brass. I expect to see some visual changes by the Stars in attempt to fix that. 

1 hour ago, ContraFart said:

The only show that will beat Crown is Bloo. Top 5 will be:

1. Crown

2. Bloo

3. BD

4. Boston

4. SCV

That’s my order as well- although I like a lot of Corps more than SCV enjoyment wise 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1