DCI Central Indiana (Muncie) July 1

Ultra-brief thoughts:

-Crown sounds great as always. Show isn’t my trip of tea, but the performance is undeniable. 

-Cavaliers easily have my favorite unis this year. Love the look. Modern and yet unquestionably Cavaliers. 

-Phantom is back. 

-Blue Stars brass and guard are fantastic. What’s going on with their percussion? If they were scoring how the brass line is, they’d be mere tenths from Cavies. 

-Crossmen’s concept is so fun with the beginnings and endings. Music selection really vibes. 

-Colts! Red Team is throwing down this year! Favorite Colts show since… hell, maybe ever??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

LOL Boston isn't touching Crown - BD forgot to design a program and since Broadway was shut down for 18 months they couldn't "lift" their biggest set piece again ala shoe tapping. It's Coats vs. Crown and BD vs. SCV and Boston vs. Cavaliers at this point IMO. Thank God DCI is back so we all have something to argue about err discuss

Truer words have never been spoken. Spoken like someone with an innate wisdom of the activity and also an uncanny ability of premonition. 100% correct. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like Crown’s show better than Bluecoats. I feel like it has more substance, and I’m not just referring to the fabric. Always a bit cheesy for me, but that’s Crown’s style. I really liked their 2019 show, though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

That show was unreal.

I was fortunate to see Hebron live a number of times last year and I could go on and on about how good they were. It truly is a shame they didn’t go to Grand Nationals last year. Even though BA won it with the highest score ever recorded, I believe this would have been Hebron’s year. That show is oozing with GE and those kids can play like it’s nobody’s business. I’ve never seen so much internet hype over a high school band show.

• Like 4

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

There’s no way you think BD is more Broadway than crown this year……… I like Crown’s show a lot but the last time I saw someone try that hard to warm up a crowd was when I had tickets to Letterman. 

Letterman isn't Broadway, and fortunately he retired. BD's shoe thing was directly lifted from the stage - 3 out of last 5 programs they've lifted the big moment of their show from Broadway. And yes, the warm up is cheesy - deliberately so as the point of the show coming out of Covid IS HAVE FUN NOW, go ahead, act like a goof, swing from a Chandelier 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Love different perspectives.  I don't think Crown's show comes that close to BD let alone pass them.  Haven't seen Blue Coats yet.

I think Crown's show is 4th, 3rd at best. I think Bluecoats and Devils are going to run away with this and it is going to be a two-man race.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

So Bloo 4.1 up on Cavies on Tuesday and Crown up by 3.25 tonight.

Tomorrow night should be interesting.

Good seats available for "Innovations In Brass: Northeast Ohio"  Come out and see the first head to head with these two great corps.

well Cavaliers didn't have their closer Tuesday - maybe a factor, but yes, it will be interesting

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RContra said:

Ultra-brief thoughts:

-Crown sounds great as always. Show isn’t my trip of tea, but the performance is undeniable. 

-Cavaliers easily have my favorite unis this year. Love the look. Modern and yet unquestionably Cavaliers. 

-Phantom is back. 

-Blue Stars brass and guard are fantastic. What’s going on with their percussion? If they were scoring how the brass line is, they’d be mere tenths from Cavies. 

-Crossmen’s concept is so fun with the beginnings and endings. Music selection really vibes. 

-Colts! Red Team is throwing down this year! Favorite Colts show since… hell, maybe ever??

They’d still be two points back of cavies with a better percussion score.