Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I agree if only because it should be someone’s job to stand in front of those pits and salivate all night. this is america is it not?? in a civilized country it should be someone’s job to stand in front of pits and salivate all night, period

DCI wanted to give the pit more love so they heavily restricted the movement of the percussion judge. I'm all for that! But a better solution is obviously to have two judges. The former means the one poor(?) judge has to watch both the battery and pit simultaneously, and the attention he gives is neither as dedicated nor accurate as if there were two. Just saying...

And anyone who thinks it was because of money is delusional, sorry to be blunt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

📢Leak the percussion tapes. I trust the judge but am intrigued. 

i trust him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chief Guns said:

I was referring more to the people who leave because they are salty about who the winner will be. My comment was worded wrong. 

Meh, we may never know what caused a person to feel that way. Or maybe they just needed to pee?

I dunno, nothing's really sacred to me. Mature performers can handle distraction and rejection without it interrupting flow, or even learn from it. I think these performers are tougher than we give them credit for sometimes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tony Flores said:

I think the sheet would be a better read

no it wouldn't. they don't do sheets. 

16 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Ahead of Phantom & Blue Stars???? Crazy. 

So that should mean if Crossmen's horn score returns to a normal level on Fri, that will drop their relative total score and they will definitely be out of finals.  We shall see.

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Everyone has that “homerism” in there somewhere haha *unless if you’re the perfect unproblematic fan that loves everything* do those exist?…Only in my mind? Oh they’re real?? But last week, they died👀

LOL IDK if I qualify as one of those fans, but I do give Standing Ovations for every performance when I go to a DCI show. I appreciate the hard work of all the kids out there on the field, regardless if I like the show or not, I am going to show love for the kids busting their butts all summer. 

You go to a show with me, you won't be able to tell who I root for. Every corps gets love. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Everyone has that “homerism” in there somewhere haha *unless if you’re the perfect unproblematic fan that loves everything* do those exist?…Only in my mind? Oh they’re real?? But last week, they died👀

I really hope someone gets this reference😂