Staff Merry-go-round

Madison announces their VCH, Sierra Rogers. 
https://www.forwardperformingarts.org/news/madison-scouts-promote-sierra-rogers-to-visual-caption-head

I had the pleasure to march with her in 2018, with her as my DM and she was an exceptional leader and helped influence how I wanted to act on the podium years later. Very happy to see this

• Like 5

Zingali once said to us, "When you are wearing that Cadet jacket, you are representing all of us. Think about that before you do anything dumb."

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, njthundrrd said:

Zingali once said to us, "When you are wearing that Cadet jacket, you are representing all of us. Think about that before you do anything dumb."

Louder for those in the back who still adhere the "patch culture" crowd, or what remains of it. 🙃 And the alum-staffers still in the industry with reports of harming members of the corps they marched, especially. Not that it's any better if it happens at other corps, but harming your own is a particular kind of disgraceful. They're the worst of us, if reports are true (and some have been corroborated,) yet they flaunt their actual and metaphorical jackets like there's no tomorrow. Have for decades.

2 hours ago, fighterkit said:

I had the pleasure to march with her in 2018, with her as my DM and she was an exceptional leader and helped influence how I wanted to act on the podium years later. Very happy to see this

Alternatively, congrats on the opportunity to see a well-respected alum from your own generation take up more responsibility. I loved everything about Madison's performance last year and am excited to see more! Wishing them all the best.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
grammar
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Was practically shoved off by some unmasked SCV staffers after their show in the aisles this season. In my jacket and star no less. I remain disappointed. Some were fellow alum, and I'm not recognizable by any stretch so...I guess it's better that they seem to treat anyone/everyone this way? Smdh

Some of the best staffers I marched with would set them all straight doublequick. You don't treat people like that and maintain our classy reputation. Myron rolls in his grave. I guess all I can hope for is they treat the membership with more respect.

Yeah that's horrible. I told that guy I didn't see any security emblem on his clothes so he can either move or I'll move him. Needless to say, I got to where I needed to go. 

• Thanks 5

7 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Was practically shoved off by some unmasked SCV staffers after their show in the aisles this season. In my jacket and star no less. I remain disappointed. Some were fellow alum, and I'm not recognizable by any stretch so...I guess it's better that they seem to treat anyone/everyone this way? Smdh

Some of the best staffers I marched with would set them all straight doublequick. You don't treat people like that and maintain our classy reputation. Myron rolls in his grave. I guess all I can hope for is they treat the membership with more respect.

I loved my seats at the old Hershey show. Lots of staff would try to barge into seats and man dad and I were quick to let them hear it…. Especially when we named dropped staff with their corps we would be telling how their techs acted

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I loved my seats at the old Hershey show. Lots of staff would try to barge into seats and man dad and I were quick to let them hear it…. Especially when we named dropped staff with their corps we would be telling how their techs acted

I have fond memories of Hershey.

I find I get a clearer read on the character of the corps staff, and corps as a whole, if they don't know me and I don't try to school them. If they hadn't learned by the time they're on staff, like we had from Myron, that anyone you come across could be a master or legend and to act accordingly, (no matter how humble they appear) then it's too late for me to show the way. Myron, himself, was quite unassuming and quiet most of the time.  Also a matter teleporter.

If their eyes aren't open to that serendipitous possibility, then they definitely missed one of my key takeaways from my drum corps experience.

15 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I find I get a clearer read on the character of the corps staff, and corps as a whole, if they don't know me and I don't try to school them. If they hadn't learned by the time they're on staff, like we had from Myron, that anyone you come across could be a master or legend and to act accordingly, (no matter how humble they appear) then it's too late for me to show the way. Myron, himself, was quite unassuming and quiet most of the time.  Also a matter teleporter.

If their eyes aren't open to that serendipitous possibility, then they definitely missed one of my key takeaways from my drum corps experience.

I was at Hershey in 04, so I saw you perform there 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
More better English

2 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Myron Rosander? You make mention of him often. I didn’t know him personally but he was my favorite drill writer. I’m happy to know he was a good mentor and educator. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1