The Cadets 2023

14 hours ago, craiga said:

Really? So when Boston goes to Detroit for the Tour Premiere Show and travels to BOTH Crown shows over the past several years, you think they "spend most of their time in the Northeast "?

That's boulderdash. Look at the last several years shows.  Like it or not, our friends from Fort Mill do stay in the southeast most of the summer.  While Boston has been traveling up and down the east coast from New England to Florida including supporting Crownbeat and Nightbeat every year, Crown hasn't been to New England in years.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you cannot deny the facts.

....yeah, saying Crown doesn't leave their local area unless there's a regional and then mentioning the Big Tour Premiere Show for Boston isn't the best look or comparison to make; they're practically the same level of prestige and importance.

...and Boston goes to Nightbeat and Crownbeat because it fits into the tour, and is after the Atlanta Regional.

...for the record, I DO NOT think that Boston just hangs out in the Northeast, they're trying to prop it up by having shows there, but it's not a convenient part of the tour for other corps.

People aren't complaining about Boston not going to California to support that tour.

The Northeast is just like the Northwest ( as far as being far from the main tour), except there's a couple of fantastic drumcorps in the NE.

My reaction is solely to point out that you may be going a little hard on Crown. They tour the midwest lately, and they support Music For All, and have for a long time. That's early tour and might actually prevent them from going NE.

Food for thought.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

there's not enough Northeast shows for anyone to spend time there anymore.

Perhaps I misunderstand the point you are making ( entirely possible, if so, forgive me. )  The New England region will have 7 judged show competitions this season. (  5 DCI... 2 DCA )  Among the Corps traveling to New England this summer will be the Mandarins ( Sacramento, Calif ), Southwind ( Mobile, Ala. ), Les Stentors, ( Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada ), Bluecoats ( Canton, Ohio, ), Cadets ( Erie, Pa. ), Phantom Regiment ( Rockfort, IL. ),  Gold,( San Diego, Calif. ), Hawthorne Caballeros ( Hawthorne, NJ ), Sunrisers, Long Island, NY.)Bushwackers, ( Princeton, NJ ),.... among others.

Corps from Calif, Canada, Midwest, South, North, etc will travel to New England to perform and compete... just as they always have.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Perhaps I misunderstand the point you are making ( entirely possible, if so, forgive me. )  The New England region will have 7 judged show competitions this season. (  5 DCI... 2 DCA )  Among the Corps traveling to New England this summer will be the Mandarins ( Sacramento, Calif ), Southwind ( Mobile, Ala. ), Les Stentors, ( Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada ), Bluecoats ( Canton, Ohio, ), Cadets ( Erie, Pa. ), Phantom Regiment ( Rockfort, IL. ),  Gold,( San Diego, Calif. ), Hawthorne Caballeros ( Hawthorne, NJ ), Sunrisers, Long Island, NY.)Bushwackers, ( Princeton, NJ ),.... among others.

Corps from Calif, Canada, Midwest, South, North, etc will travel to New England to perform and compete... just as they always have.

I apologize if I'm offensive, truly, as I don't often come to the aid of Crown...

The New England portion of the DCI tour almost always has a less appealing lineup than California, the Midwest, and Texas.

I'm glad that more corps are heading up this year, but there have been quite a few years where it was Cadets and Boston, followed by Bluecoats, Spartans, 7th Regiment.

I don't consider the DCA shows relevant for DCI discussion because it doesn't draw the same.

I'm so very excited to see that Gold and Mandarins are going up, as well as Regiment!

All the love in the world to Boston, but everyone knows that part of tour has been thin for a while.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I have 0 qualms with Boston, just pointing out that Crown goes to Indiana early season like clockwork. It's a fact. ...and your issue about Crown not going to New England may have merit, but you said that Crown doesn't leave the Southeast except for Regionals is false.

Crown's early season schedule now revolves around clinics (starting in Boiling Springs during spring training (NC), continuing to Muncie (MFA) (IN) , and ending last year at Kennesaw Mountain (GA).  Those clinics bring in much needed cash during the season and provide a substantial recruiting opportunity as well.  

When Crown did do the 4th of July swing they had YEA shows in Allentown and Clifton bracketing the run out east.  Those shows are no longer exist.   

It may or may not be that Jim Coates was ###### and pulled out of the 4th of July swing when the visual staff was recruited to Boston.  But other circumstances have certainly kept them from returning.  Boston fans need to get over it (just like they told Crown fans (quite correctly) to stop complaining that Boston stole their staff).  Crown's schedule is working well for them (and that very long run back East was a challenge on tour to say the least).  

Crown used to do a Minnesota and Wisconsin swing as well.  Get over it.  

Personally I want to see Crown put together a West Coast tour again.  Now THAT was good schedule change!  

(sorry Cadets fans.  I'm done being OT.  Very interested to see what the Cadets can do under fresh management.   )  

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I apologize if I'm offensive, truly, as I don't often come to the aid of Crown...

The New England portion of the DCI tour almost always has a less appealing lineup than California, the Midwest, and Texas.

I'm glad that more corps are heading up this year, but there have been quite a few years where it was Cadets and Boston, followed by Bluecoats, Spartans, 7th Regiment.

I don't consider the DCA shows relevant for DCI discussion because it doesn't draw the same.

I'm so very excited to see that Gold and Mandarins are going up, as well as Regiment!

All the love in the world to Boston, but everyone knows that part of tour has been thin for a while.

6 of the Top 12 finish Corps in DCI  from last season will perform and compete within a 45 minute drive from Boston this summer.  The large state of Calif will have 2 of the Top 12 that will perform in the entire state of Calif, and only in the very early season when Corps just performing their early season shows rough around the edges.

Granted however,  there are more corps/ more shows in DCI in other regions, especially away from both coasts of country where the national ( or near national ) traveling Corps takes them in August to centrally located Indy in the end. 

This is a Cadets 2023 thread.  I have only responded on here when New England or Boston Crusaders was brought up on this Cadets thread. ( for context,  I have never discussed... nor even even mentioned, ... Carolina Crown on this 2023 Cadets thread. ).  Enjoy your summer season of Drum Corps wherever it takes you this summer.  Go Cadets  !  👍

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I live about 10 minutes from Garfield.

I grew up watching The Cadets in parades ,as well their shows in the area .

The Cadets have decided to abandon their New Jersey roots including local fans and alumni.

They'll  be in New England July 4 weekend.

But they're not doing a show in North Jersey.

Its on the way there or back and Clifton should be available.

The only thing they seem to care about from fans and alumni

in this area are their donations.

Hmmmm...well THAT'S not true. I'm pretty sure it's public knowledge as to why they moved. 

9 minutes ago, karuna said:

Crown's early season schedule now revolves around clinics (starting in Boiling Springs during spring training (NC), continuing to Muncie (MFA) (IN) , and ending last year at Kennesaw Mountain (GA).  Those clinics bring in much needed cash during the season and provide a substantial recruiting opportunity as well.  

When Crown did do the 4th of July swing they had YEA shows in Allentown and Clifton bracketing the run out east.  Those shows are no longer exist.   

It may or may not be that Jim Coates was ###### and pulled out of the 4th of July swing when the visual staff was recruited to Boston.  But other circumstances have certainly kept them from returning.  Boston fans need to get over it (just like they told Crown fans (quite correctly) to stop complaining that Boston stole their staff).  Crown's schedule is working well for them (and that very long run back East was a challenge on tour to say the least).  

Crown used to do a Minnesota and Wisconsin swing as well.  Get over it.  

Personally I want to see Crown put together a West Coast tour again.  Now THAT was good schedule change!  

(sorry Cadets fans.  I'm done being OT.  Very interested to see what the Cadets can do under fresh management.   )  

Crown went to Lynn and Cranston in 2017. Boston Crusaders did not host an early season show that year and toured the Midwest. There was a BAC home show in August. Incidentally, Cadets did not appear in a BAC home show that year either. Crown did appear in Boston’s show in early 2018 and the August show in 2019. Crown did not participate in 2021 and did not travel to New England in 2022 and will not be here this coming year. Though there was animosity towards BAC after some Crown staff went to BAC, and some animosity may still linger, I think if you look for official reasons, you’ll find the fewer early season shows (no more Bristol) and for Crown in 2019, shows over in the Boston area before the Bristol and Wakefield parades made it not worth their while. Multiple shows in close proximity gave ample rehearsal time with reasonable temps and parade opportunities meant money. Fewer shows with a different route means different decisions.

In years past corps that went to New England for July 4th would try and schedule a day off either July 2nd or July 5th, depending on the schedule. It’s a great time to visit Boston. 

• Like 1

I just find it funny how people are so quick to point out that Crown fans still show animosity towards BAC, yet nobody mentions that BAC fans have been targeting Crown fans on here since half the staff went to BAC. Hell, I've had BAC fans target me at a gas station after a show that Crown beat them at. Why? What's the point? Just like why is it even a big deal that Crown doesn't go into the Northeast anymore outside of Allentown? 

Yes, I trolled, because I find this argument absolutely ridiculous and not founded in fact as several others beside myself have pointed out that Crown has in fact travelled to the Northeast in recent seasons. Maybe not as much, but who cares? This argument has surfaced a few times over the last few months/years. Why are you so hurt that Crown doesn't make the trip? The people complaining about it (mainly BAC fans) have made it very obvious that they do not care for the Crown organization, so why complain?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

TFW...there's no drama with The Cadets for once but the Cadets thread is still blowing up with drama...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4