The Cadets 2023

2 hours ago, ZTWright said:

I just find it funny how people are so quick to point out that Crown fans still show animosity towards BAC, yet nobody mentions that BAC fans have been targeting Crown fans on here since half the staff went to BAC. Hell, I've had BAC fans target me at a gas station after a show that Crown beat them at. Why? What's the point? Just like why is it even a big deal that Crown doesn't go into the Northeast anymore outside of Allentown? 

Yes, I trolled, because I find this argument absolutely ridiculous and not founded in fact as several others beside myself have pointed out that Crown has in fact travelled to the Northeast in recent seasons. Maybe not as much, but who cares? This argument has surfaced a few times over the last few months/years. Why are you so hurt that Crown doesn't make the trip? The people complaining about it (mainly BAC fans) have made it very obvious that they do not care for the Crown organization, so why complain?

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

TFW...there's no drama with The Cadets for once but the Cadets thread is still blowing up with drama...

UNNECESSARY drama at that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

6 of the Top 12 finish Corps in DCI  from last season will perform and compete within a 45 minute drive from Boston this summer.  The large state of Calif will have 2 of the Top 12 that will perform in the entire state of Calif, and only in the very early season when Corps just performing their early season shows rough around the edges.

Granted however,  there are more corps/ more shows in DCI in other regions, especially away from both coasts of country where the national ( or near national ) traveling Corps takes them in August to centrally located Indy in the end. 

This is a Cadets 2023 thread.  I have only responded on here when New England or Boston Crusaders was brought up on this Cadets thread. ( for context,  I have never discussed... nor even even mentioned, ... Carolina Crown on this 2023 Cadets thread. ).  Enjoy your summer season of Drum Corps wherever it takes you this summer.  Go Cadets  !  👍

Yes, THIS year. The Northeast needs a shot in the arm, so this is absolutely great! Also, GO Cadets!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I live about 10 minutes from Garfield.

I grew up watching The Cadets in parades ,as well their shows in the area .

The Cadets have decided to abandon their New Jersey roots including local fans and alumni.

They'll  be in New England July 4 weekend.

But they're not doing a show in North Jersey.

Its on the way there or back and Clifton should be available.

The only thing they seem to care about from fans and alumni

in this area are their donations.

it's not just them. the way tour is run now gives few corps incentive to stick around. sadly the DCE days are gone, and with DCI going for the bigger venues, the region is left behind. The cadets don't own USBands anymore, so the tie in there with MetLife is gone, which means it's expensive as hell to run a show there

i just looked...in 1989 i had 9 shows including DCI East, which was only half the corps in attendance within 90 minutes. this year I have allentown and an Open Class show 20 minutes away. I barely have any DCA shows around. outside of the 2 run by Reading, the next closest show is 2 hours north in Williamsport. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

TFW...there's no drama with The Cadets for once but the Cadets thread is still blowing up with drama...

Give it time - it’s only mid-April. 

That said - right now the DCP Drama Meter is SCV driven.  Typically we only deal with one big drama at a time around here.  So if & when Cadets decide to contribute, this will be somewhat uncharted territory.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Give it time - it’s only mid-April. 

That said - right now the DCP Drama Meter is SCV driven.  Typically we only deal with one big drama at a time around here.  So if & when Cadets decide to contribute, this will be somewhat uncharted territory.  

I think SCV looked at all the past Cadets drama and said, "Hold my pinot grigio!"

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, fighterkit said:

I've been talking to a lot of my friends over at Cadets and they're absolutely in love with the production right now and think its going to help them succeed. 

From what Ive been told, the corps sounds fantastic and are playing the book well and this next camp leading into spring training is full steam ahead to deliver a great show to the fans. 
Can't leak anything so we'll just have to wait and see 🙂

Now THAT'S the news I like to hear (or read lol)!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

I think SCV looked at all the past Cadets drama and said, "Hold my pinot grigio!"

well....not even close. but it is April

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...