The Cadets 2023

1 hour ago, waliman4444 said:

After a week off, I would have expected a higher score...The music part is fine, but after seeing what the other corps are doing with uniforms and props, I get the impression that the Cadets are financially incapable of competing with the top tier corps; No shade on the Cadets because either you have the resources or you don't...So, if DCI is rewarding corps for these expenditures, the Cadets may fall to 8th or 9th by finals..Musically,the Cadets have the most entertaining show imo, but it gets lost in the movement of props that look like they were made yesterday and poorly at that..This from a Cadet supporter of 43 years...peace

Don’t agree with the score; the judges got it wrong IMO.

Last night was my first viewing of the Cadets this season, and I loved the show!  Outstanding music, interesting drill, etc - it was refreshing and I thought they’d score higher than they did.  One of my fav shows this season.  Keep it up!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, waliman4444 said:

After a week off, I would have expected a higher score...The music part is fine, but after seeing what the other corps are doing with uniforms and props, I get the impression that the Cadets are financially incapable of competing with the top tier corps; No shade on the Cadets because either you have the resources or you don't...So, if DCI is rewarding corps for these expenditures, the Cadets may fall to 8th or 9th by finals..Musically,the Cadets have the most entertaining show imo, but it gets lost in the movement of props that look like they were made yesterday and poorly at that..This from a Cadet supporter of 43 years...peace

I think Cadets have many of the basics in place. I think the prop movement needs to be a bit smoother but I still have them battling with Phantom for 5th and 6th place though after hearing what I have about Mandarins and improvements made by Blue Stars, that could change.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

Disappointed at their placement at this point given all the hype. It looks like at this point in the season, they are sitting in 9th. Still plenty of season left. But I agree with this post. I'm hoping for a turnaround later on. But right now, I don't see it coming. 

• Like 1

The Cadets are just fine. The show is dirty and it has some very physical body work and fast movement.unlike some corps out there the Cadets have their full closer...one that does not need to be changed. It will get tweaked but they truly have a full show. They added more body work last week and a few new sets. The timing of events will be the next goal then the cleaning begins. 

It's a magnificent show.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

Another problem I see, or should I say hear, is the overamplification of the brass!

IDK how that will play in Indy?

• Like 1

I may be wrong but I only find the Cadets next show a week out. Another week not competing? I guess they don't need the cash as badly as I thought which is good...I guess. :angel1:.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

I may be wrong but I only find the Cadets next show a week out. Another week not competing? I guess they don't need the cash as badly as I thought which is good...I guess. :angel1:.

They have shows tonight, Tuesday,  Thursday, Saturday...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great show, Cadets!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Disappointed at their placement at this point given all the hype. It looks like at this point in the season, they are sitting in 9th. Still plenty of season left. But I agree with this post. I'm hoping for a turnaround later on. But right now, I don't see it coming. 

Hey, I was very careful with my hype. I only ever stated this would be a fan favorite. And I think as they continue to clean, it so is going to be a fan favorite in Indy. 

• Like 2