Top 12 Predictions 2023 (No off topic discussion, please!)

2 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Mandarins will be impressive and move up in placement and with an entertaining show for most fans  this season I predict . Chief Guns will be happy to know my assessment I believe  . 😊

I bet they will.

I wonder how many SCV transplants went there? 

33 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Whoa! Colts are fielding two world class corps who might be Top 12 finalists? :w00t::doh:

Colt Cadets are a solid program.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Whoa! Colts are fielding two world class corps who might be Top 12 finalists? :w00t::doh:

🤣🤣 I’m sure it’s an oversight, but Colts have TOTALLY stepped their game ALL the way up this year! As much as I loved ‘22, this ain’t Silk Road! (And I mean that in the best way possible!)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Kinda reminds me of my rookie lead baritone tackling me in the parking lot of LOS in 2017, after beating the Bluecoats and taking 4th on the VERY. LAST.NIGHT. OF. THE. SEASON. 

Dads and sons don't get many moments like that...I'll relish that one forever. Mainly because my kid did audition Bluecoats in 2017 as well. Went into Sunday of final camp  based on music scores feeling like he'd easily made the line as a rook even with "rook outs" auditioning in with tons of experience from other corps. Visual Staff showed up on last day...very little "written official feedback", and he ended up off that line. And went to Rosemont. And never looked back. 

But in that moment...in the lot in 2017, my kid whispered ONE TIME and ONE TIME only regarding the Bluecoats "How do they like me NOW!" Kid doesn't have a vengeful bone in his body. And respects the hell out of all the corps, their staffs, etc. But just that once...he let it loose. 🙂 

That's a terrific story.  I had a good friend who auditioned for Phantom in '92 and didn't get a callback...but then went and marched Crossmen and of course we know how that one turned out.

Thanks for sharing...from a fellow rook-out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

I bet they will.

I wonder how many SCV transplants went there? 

That’s a good question. You could probably ask the same question at Regiment. I imagine some students followed their SCV instructors.

Edited by Sutasaurus
Oops. Sorry. Back on topic.

On 6/25/2023 at 9:43 AM, GetOFFmyDot said:

It's time for 2023 Top 12 Predictions! 

Rules are simple!

1. Only post your top 12 predictions for 2023
  2. You can post one sentence for each corps, explaining/justifying your rationale
  3. Your predictions should be what you think will happen (not necessarily what you want to happen)
  4. All other comments/reactions should be posted in another post, not in this one
  5. Use reactions to show your agreement/disagreement with posted predictions
  6. Have fun!

For years I used to post on drum corps planet my top 13 prediction on the Fourth of July.  I haven’t done this in years  so just for kicks I’ll do it this year.  I know you’re all pushing down the goosebumps, waiting for me to announce my predictions 😄🙃

13 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

That’s a good question. You could probably ask the same question at Regiment. I imagine some students followed their SCV instructors.

I know some Regiment people came to Cavaliers this year.